Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] My car

cor3yz

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT Wagon Exec / VK 202 EFI
I'm an apprentice for a small mechanics shop and sometimes we spend hours chasing a problem around. Then only charge one hour labour. I reckon the boss loses a lot of money this way, but you have got to keep the people happy at the end of the day

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
I'm an apprentice for a small mechanics shop and sometimes we spend hours chasing a problem around. Then only charge one hour labour. I reckon the boss loses a lot of money this way, but you have got to keep the people happy at the end of the day

It's a shame, you think they'd be happy to pay the money given all the time and effort you put in. Especially when most people description of a problem is "it broke" or "it just stopped". I can only imagine it's the same with cars as it is with computers (what I am in involved with).

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
I took my car to local workshop.. told them to check out my car after I hit a curb.. they said car was fine..
took it to holdens told them about the curb.. Subframes bent, Rods bent.. Mags slightly bent.. and also engine mount was slightly cracked..

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I'm intriguede at the perception held about Ultratune. Obviously, there are good and bad franchises out there, but the local one near me is one I would not hesitate to recommend. Although I don't get much done there apart from rego inspections, I have sought their assistance on a couple of problems (like busted retaining clips on my fuel filter - they farted round for about half an hour wangling the old one off and didn't want to charge me at all) and I have watched them work. They have provided me with help and even lent me the tools necessary when I had to replace a timing belt on my XC Barina a few years back - again, no charge. "Air bag fault light came on in the VY - cleared and again, no charge. If anybody wants a mechanic that can be trusted on the Central Coast, PM me and I'd be happy to pass on their details.