Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Chevrolet Omega CD

lil_mickey

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH 253 :-)
No sympathy from me for anyone that drinks and drives, got what you deserved!!!

I agree with crow, it was a nice car, just a pity it happened because of something so stupid:hit:

ruggj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec 01
your lucky to be alive mate! teaches you not to drink and drive, and not to speed while driving even normal or under the influence, oh well, time to buy an 08 one i think :D

PANELAMAN.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Chevrolet Omega CD '99
I agree that i deserved, but at least i learned the leason, by the worst way but i learned.

korn: I dont pass out 1 sec, when the car stopped i saw the 2 airbags desinflated, saw in the front (on the motor) the flames, tried to open my door, it stucked, went to the passenger side, the door stucked too and then i went outside by the passengers window because the window broke before it stopped. Then i picked up the fire extinguisher but it failed so i let it burn and run away as fast as i could. I got lucky because if i pass out or something like this ill be dead in this moment, burned with the car.

PANELAMAN.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Chevrolet Omega CD '99
more pictures:

DSC02180.jpg

DSC02161.jpg

the car went down there, about 50, 60m in the bushes, florest or something like this

havoc01

Reaction score
Members Ride
US GTO
Hello!
Im new here and im from brazil. Here we have the omega, an imported gm badge version of the holden commodore. Its not the omega version you have there though, its named omega because we had another car with the same name here and then came the commodore as its successor, in 1999.

Mine (1999) came basically with automatic a/c, cd player, an ecotec 3.8 v6 engine, electric seats, 4 speed automatic gearbox and some more stuff.

My fathers version (2005) came with all that plus leather seats, an alloytec 3.6 v6 with 260hp, 5 speed automatic gearbox with active select and traction control and other stuff.

The first omega we had here (in Brazil):
omega_abre.jpg

normal_omega_preto_01_27_11_04.jpg

My omega (first model that came from australia):
DSC09600.jpg

DSC09603.jpg

DSC09604.jpg

DSC09605.jpg

DSC09606.jpg

(yes, the drivers position is in the left not in the right as you have)

DSC09607.jpg

DSC09612.jpg

DSC09615.jpg

(Imported exclusively for GM of Brazil Limited.
By Coimex International S/A)

DSC09624.jpg

(owners manual)

DSC02128.jpg

DSC02127.jpg

My dads '05:
DSC02099.jpg

DSC02097.jpg

DSC02102.jpg

DSC02103.jpg

DSC02113.jpg

DSC09609.jpg

DSC09616.jpg

DSC09621.jpg

Both are all stock

Just for curiosity:
Here in Brazil the price of a new omega (we only have 1 model here) is 110000 reais, about 74000 australian dollars.

Sorry to hear you wrecked the car but luckily you walked away from it and didn't hurt anyone else! What happened to all the pictures? I wanted to see your dad's car.

btw... Commodores and Statesman are sold in the Mideast, China as LHD models with different names... Chevy Lumina/Caprice in the Mideast, Buick Royaum in China.

PANELAMAN.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Chevrolet Omega CD '99
sorry but i deleted the pictures because of the insurance, i posted the pictures and the history in a brazilian forum and one user alerted me to the fact that if someone in the insurance company see the pictures and the history they might not pay because i was drunk. After i receive my money i will put the pictures here again.

Regards,

havoc01

Reaction score
Members Ride
US GTO
sorry but i deleted the pictures because of the insurance, i posted the pictures and the history in a brazilian forum and one user alerted me to the fact that if someone in the insurance company see the pictures and the history they might not pay because i was drunk. After i receive my money i will put the pictures here again.

Regards,

No, not yours, your dad's car! To be more specific I wanted to see the interior center console.

havoc01

Reaction score
Members Ride
US GTO
I was curious if his console (or any 2003-2005Omega CD consoles) has the black and silver or are they all just dark tempest? See pic...

Steel-blackDarktempest.jpg

PANELAMAN.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Chevrolet Omega CD '99
they have the first, the one with just one colour.

PANELAMAN.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Chevrolet Omega CD '99
the best interior picture of the interior that i found on the internet:

ja35.jpg