Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my commodore hisses when i accelerate

colourmesilver

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT1 98 SS 195i 5.0L 304 HSV ENHANCED
I had the same thing when doing the belts, hissing sound lol, sounding ok, but the throttle body wasn't, but grubby

dope505069

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S2 Olympic Ediiion
Mine hisses too. Stupid thing. I'm gonna go out and have a look now. Never had it stall on me though.

What else can cause a hissing noise?

dope505069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just checked it. It is the purge hose. Glad I happened to stumble upon this thread. Hiss has been stressing me out for months wondering what it was.

It has actually split in the middle though rather than coming off at either end. Anyway I'll be doing it on Monday. Thanks all.

colourmesilver

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT1 98 SS 195i 5.0L 304 HSV ENHANCED
Hissing means like an air leak or a belt scrape or even dry pulley bearings, also no wonder I stalled an auto at the lights, throttle body air intake hose came off, all I heard was hissing gave it a rev and the engine tilt was enough to drop it and release it off the intake housing

dope505069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah. I heard the fuel pressure regulator has an air hose that can cause problems too. I'll be getting my manual out and going right over all my hoses on the weekend. Especially since I didnt pick this problem up for over 6 months.

GrandpasVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II Executive Commodore 2000
Alright, after a quick google search and recently acquiring my grandfathers 2000 VT Exec Sedan I came across this thread due to hissing sound during acceleration. Car runs fine but idled a bit rough. I've posted some pics of hose that had come loose however when attempting to reconnect to plug in picture I accidentally removed the whole hose. I can't seem to find where the hose is meant to connect now and a quick visit to the shop had the mechanic stumped as well. The cars been well looked after but due to sorting for 2 years because my grandads licence got revoked (poor bastard) some mice or rats had been bringing bread into chassis from garage to snack on hence I believe one of them knocked the hose out in picture. Rest of car is up to scratch and have it in for RWC tomorrow but really want this hose back on today if anyone can direct me to a solution??

Attachments

• IMG_3890.JPG
    IMG_3890.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_3888.JPG
    IMG_3888.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 87
D

devilly

connects to and elbow piece under the throttle body then goes to the back of engine to another elbow piece.
images

GrandpasVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
connects to and elbow piece under the throttle body then goes to the back of engine to another elbow piece.
images
much appreciated! I finally got the hose back on last night. The hose is due for replacement so I ordered another one. No more hissing at last. It was driving me crazy.

D

devilly

good to hear all fixed :) I just zippy tied mine. you put one zippy on then another one the opposite way works a treat as they pull against each other :) welcome back to the land of the sane again :)

GrandpasVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
When the new hose comes I'll zippy tie them for sure. Thanks again.