Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My First Decent Car (1996 VS Ute)

xxNoblexx

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Ute V6 Executive Series 1
cheers for the imput guys, gee isint there some pearler vs utes popping up on here now

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
Yeah, I have noticed the increase, there is some nice ones out there these days for sure.

xxNoblexx

Reaction score
Members Ride
well car is not running now, just got in it this morning to head off to school, turned it over, it cranked but would not fire:bang:

so called the raa tonight and the bloke came out and said it wasnt getting any spark, and the crank angle sensor (correct me if im wrong) is aparently stuffed. therefore im getting a tow truck tomorrow and hopefully ill be back on the road soon!!!

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
well car is not running now, just got in it this morning to head off to school, turned it over, it cranked but would not fire:bang:

so called the raa tonight and the bloke came out and said it wasnt getting any spark, and the crank angle sensor (correct me if im wrong) is aparently stuffed. therefore im getting a tow truck tomorrow and hopefully ill be back on the road soon!!!

Thatsno good man, lets hope you can get it sorted quickly aye.

xxNoblexx

Reaction score
Members Ride
well there it is, every commodore owners worst nightmare

Image0671.jpg

xxNoblexx

Reaction score
Members Ride
its update time

the mechanic has fixed the crank angle sensor, and noticed the bearings on the serpentine belt were almost shot, so he replaced them and performed a general service on the ute. so that was just a lazy $330.

after that little episode, i decided to get some new speakers. i ended up with a set of fusion 6.5" component speakers. they are now installed in the ute along with the new head unit after a night of installation and a bottle of rum:D later sounds great now.

next thing on the list is new tyres and rims hopefully, but im not stressed if i put stockies back on

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
good to hear its back on the road mate

xxNoblexx

Reaction score
Members Ride
havnt updated this in ages

nothing new really, and sorry havnt been bothered putting up pics of my new deck and speakers, will get round to that eventually lol

the car just got photoshopped on here, and i think it looks absolutly bonkers, thanks to levymetal for doing this :thumbsup:
xxNoblexx_vs_wheels_bumper.jpg

xxNoblexx

Reaction score
Members Ride
look i know i said i couldnt be bothered putting up pics of my new deck and speakers, but after washing the car i had a change of heart. also put up some new pics of the car itself. sorry bout the sizes being so big, cbf changing them lol
PB230521.jpg

PB230522.jpg

PB230523.jpg

PB230524.jpg

check out the new fusion sticker:thumbsup:
PB230525.jpg