Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Heron SSV

phat_6ltr

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS M6
Cheers mate. My missus just picked it up from Holden. They couldnt do the wheel alignment cause they said its too low. She's taking it to a local shop after lunch to get them to have a look. Holden also said it has a leak around the sump and needs a new gasket, for $790. I've never seen any oil drops in my garage where its always parked so not sure whats going on there. Never had a low oil light come on either. They also said my heater hoses are leaking, that'll be another $250 odd. Gotta love dealerships.

Mate if you keen for the drive take it to wholesale suspension in Penrith, they'll do a proper 4 wheel alignment..

Probably just them trying to get money out of ya, I'd jack it up n see for yourself to check for leaks..

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
Bob Jane were able to do it, no problem. Fuggen dealership.... the guy at Bob Jane reckon the dealer mechanics were too lazy to do it. still scrubs a bit so it looks like the rear guards will need to be rolled.

I was under it yesterday making sure the jack was on the crossmember and didnt notice any oil, plus ther hasnt been a drop on my garage floor. i'll keep an eye on the oil level and see if i can get it up on a lift for a better look.

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Got quoted $65 per guard to get Sydney Guard Rolling to come to my work and roll the rear guards. Anyone used them before? And yes i know i've posted this in my ride thread and not in the VE section but I CBF'd

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Here's a few more pics. I drove it to work to put some kms on the springs and shocks to make sure they've settled. Still scrubs a bit when going over bumps, and its mostly on the left rear.

The wheels will end up powdercoated either white or black. I'm leaning more towards white cause it might lose the size of the rims if they're black, but I'm open to suggestions.

phat_6ltr

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS M6
+1 for white. Fun times ahead keeping them clean lol

Looks mint, just the right hight imo..

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah I'm happy with the height. The missus drives the car still so i cant have the front too low.

I'd get the wheels powdercoated gloss white so hopefully they wouldnt be too hard to keep clean.

Got a wee bit of detailing to do this weekend. Should come up nice and shiny!

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Looks good mate, gloss white would look good on those rims, I love white on white haha

I have heard good things about Sydney Guard Rolling. If they have a page maybe you can try and see what their work is like or even ask them if you can check out some of their previous jobs in person if possible.

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers mate. I've book Sydney Guard Rolling to come out to my work and roll the rear guards next friday. Also gonna try and detail the car this weekend, gonna clay bar it and give it a coat of wax and see how it scrubs up.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
I'd get the wheels powdercoated gloss white so hopefully they wouldnt be too hard to keep clean.

lol my gloss white wheesl suck to keep clean. Any water that run on them from washing the car leaves dirty marks. They look amazing but are a real pain to keep clean.

Im bias here but another +1 for white, they will look great

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
what rims do you have? been trying to find a decent pic of white rims on a ve and its been a pain in the arse