Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Holden days are numbered

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
As time passes, more and more new members will be P platers and bottom lower class bogans

I never thought of it that way Cuda...sad but true. Unless the ZB and it's successors (if there are any..) have a huge upsurge in popularity, but the chances of that are about the same as Holden making cars in Australia again..

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Didn't know you were that vintage Revster. Respect! If I were in your situation, I'd just buy a cheap fridge and hang onto the HSV for life.
Stick around mate! We need to retain good members. As time passes, more and more new members will be P platers and bottom lower class bogans :(

Revster should follow me and look towards a Mobility Scooter.

Oh and make sure you get a flag for it, that way you'll feel a lot saver when a truck runs over you.

You're last comment has some truth to it, I've seen it happen on other forums and it really changes the tone.

Over 60

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
Mate if I had room in the garage for a second one, I'd gladly take it off your hands! The golf R is a great car, hope you enjoy it, although you'll still need
Pick up a new Golf R Special Edition on Tuesday after much thought. My 2017 Senator with W557 was becoming a garage queen as I am noticing that my reflexes etc. are slowing down as I move closer to 70 years of age. Car needs to go to somebody that will get more frequent pleasure out of it. Great car as was the blown VF Calais before it. Never had one fault in either car.

I had a 7.5 Golf R once before so I know what they are like. The MY19 one comes with upgraded front rotors and pads, premium dynaudio, forged wheels and an acropovic titanium exhaust and 5 years warranty. All factory fitted. About $5k extra but in total about 16K of gear. Drops about 15kg in unsprung weight plus another 7kg saving from the exhaust.

Thanks for the enjoyment and knowledge gained from this forum over the years.
Hi Revster if you can afford it there's nothing wrong with a garage queen. I bought my Director because it was one of the last aussie holdens. If I'm unlucky and my cancer ever returns I can check out knowing an aussie icon is in the garage. It will be my Gran Tarino.

Over 60

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
Didn't know you were that vintage Revster. Respect! If I were in your situation, I'd just buy a cheap fridge and hang onto the HSV for life.
Stick around mate! We need to retain good members. As time passes, more and more new members will be P platers and bottom lower class bogans :(
Well said Cuba

rognvald261

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS A6
@426Cuda there’s a stock market mechanism “falling price, falling quantity” (FPFQ) that aptly describes what has happened to the G8 and affects the SS in the US.
FPFQ is now a pejorative term used frequently on the Pontiac G8 group or VF Motorsport on FaceBook, portent of things to come :eek:
If Australia follows suit FPFQ (depreciation) affordability brings with it a lack of mechanical respect and incredibly bad manners ;)
OTOH collectibles are keeping in line with inflation.

Last edited:

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
@revster Id love your whole senator, but will take just the rapiers and be happy.

Also which adelaide performance shop did you use/recommend?

Last edited:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Oiiiii!! I resemble that remark!!

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
@revster Id love your whole senator, but will take just the rapiers and be happy.

Also which adelaide performance shop did you use/recommend?

No Rapiers stay with the car, sorry. I used Paul Pavlou motors for a number of years. But have in the past used Morpowa and Willall. Paul Pavlou is on my side of town but Morpowa are great as well if they are close.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
No Rapiers stay with the car, sorry. I used Paul Pavlou motors for a number of years. But have in the past used Morpowa and Willall. Paul Pavlou is on my side of town but Morpowa are great as well if they are close.
appreciate it. morpowa are close but willall have a great reputation around the country it seems and PPM are the closest to the city.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
There is nothing that Holden offers today that i would buy.
Nobody sells what I would want to buy, so I'm stuck with my VF with its lack of carplay.

I need a ute for house supply/Bunnings runs, but I don't need the payload of a tonner. I like that my ute drives like a car but has a shedload of go and effectively a huge boot.

Ain't nobody can sell me a replacement, as much as I would think about and can afford one. The only thing I can think of is to buy a space cab repairable write off MY17+ Colorado and LS swap it. Course I'll have to live with the handling but the newer ones aren't so bad.