Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My HSV Clubsport

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Called 'low power mode' I'm my car...
Keep in mind that the fault is an issue with the ECU not being totally sure of the actual throttle opening. I would imagine that the engineers picked very conservative limp home setting for a large V8. Limp home on transmission faults can be treated a bit differently.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
reduced power mode is a big cut to throttle usage, tuners can adjust the tables related, depends on the fault as to if it will reduce power or just set code, a throttle error can be dangerous so it reduces power, the two or 4 fingers in the sensor all have to send same value to the throttle controller and command from ecu, if any value is out its not good so reduces power

P

Pauldw500

Damn autos.
Trust me, when you drive the streets of London, you don't want to be constantly changing gears. I won't be far off but I think 95% of the cabs back in the day were Automatic. I've just had autos since too...

P

Pauldw500

At least she's good on fuel...

Screenshot_20220525-231411_Gallery.jpg

:oops:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
At least she's good on fuel...

View attachment 238046

:oops:

My VF Holden is capped at showing a maximum of 39.9ltrs/100kms which is a silly arbitrary display limitation chosen by Holden :(

Wonder if the VF based HSV has the same limitation as my SSVR LE or whether the HSV calibration actually allows accurate and full instantaneous consumption to be shown :rolleyes:

If there is no limitation on HSV’s, that’s rather annoying as I was told it’s not possible to correct the Holden to display accurate fuel consumption information above 39.9… Seems it is possible after all (as must be the case) so I was lied to and the facts were misrepresented :mad:

It’s simply Holden’s choice to display inaccurate information on our instrument cluster because Holden couldn’t be faffed fixing their shitty calibration file for our vehicle displays… :mad:

Last edited:

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
My VF Holden is capped at showing a maximum of 39.9ltrs/100kms which is a silly arbitrary display limitation chosen by Holden :(

Wonder if the VF based HSV has the same limitation as my SSVR LE or whether the HSV calibration actually allows accurate and full instantaneous consumption to be shown :rolleyes:

If there is no limitation on HSV’s, that’s rather annoying as I was told it’s not possible to correct the Holden to display accurate fuel consumption information above 39.9… Seems it is possible after all (as must be the case) so I was lied to and the facts were misrepresented :mad:

It’s simply Holden’s choice to display inaccurate information on our instrument cluster because Holden couldn’t be faffed fixing their shitty calibration file for our vehicle displays… :mad:
My VF HSV only shows up to 39.9 as well.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
My VF HSV only shows up to 39.9 as well.

Thanks for the heads up.

So the VF instantaneous fuel accuracy was downgraded as compared to the VE? Why, because Holden was embarrassed as to the consumption of the LS3? Revisionism? Political correctness gone crazy…

Really, there no engineering reason to cap the display of the actual consumption rate at 39.9 and this 3rd world problem annoys me :mad:

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Thanks for the heads up.

So the VF instantaneous fuel accuracy was downgraded as compared to the VE? Why, because Holden was embarrassed as to the consumption of the LS3? Revisionism? Political correctness gone crazy…

Really, there no engineering reason to cap the display of the actual consumption rate at 39.9 and this 3rd world problem annoys me :mad:

I can see capping at 99.9 for display purposes to not have to have 4 figures.

It will improve the displayed average fuel economy, so that's probably why.

Conversely for markets that use MPG, it will be capped in the good direction!

Status
Not open for further replies.