Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My HSV Clubsport

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pauldw500

Incidentally... I have this part number.
Looks like 92 165 maybe then 105.

Brings up nothing when I search...

Gonma be one of them dayz... :rolleyes:

P

Pauldw500

Oh and only decent bit of info I got from one of the guys was that the P2135 wouldn't be coming from the pedal, and also they HAVE had a few throttle bodies go on the V8s. The code refers to incompatible voltages from the sensors..... ON THE DAMN PEDAL!!!!

Anyone selling a Barina?... :D

P

Pauldw500

Keep in mind, if there has been issues with the harness breaking near the throttle body due to flexing, then it could also break anywhere else that the harness has been flexing too.

So, maybe do what you mentioned earlier and check the whole harness between the throttle body and the ECM. There will be a section between the engine and the body where the harness flexes under power (when the engine moves a little on the engine mounts). This might be the link between ‘giving it a boot’ and the fault occurring?

Also, there was a service bulletin that covered the harness being prone to rub through on the engine but I think that fault was more related to a transmission fault code(?) but the general problem of the harness rubbing somewhere is worthwhile checking out.
Good call but only flaw is the car once threw the code sitting on the driveway idling. Only the once admittedly but there wouldn't of been any strain on any cables at all...

P

Pauldw500

Just having a coffee and reading up on Dr Google..

SB-10044229-8347 is interesting.. This is from P2135 error code...

Attention: If a vehicle is encountered with this condition, DO NOT replace the throttle body.
Instead follow this procedure below. Model Year 2008-2010 vehicles MUST have the
engine control module (ECM) reprogrammed with the latest software calibration
as
indicated in Step 35 of the procedure AFTER the installation of the throttle position
(TP) sensor cover. Model Year 2011 vehicles DO NOT need to have the ECM
reprogrammed.

P

Pauldw500

Anyway back to work...

Anyone know this one...lol

Husqvarna TE250. Healthy spark, compression good (over 100PSI) and even with a syringe full of petrol squires down the barrel before spark plug quickly put back in, and turns over and not 1 miserable fire, no spluttery start or anything. At best I get a single backfire which to me means timing but checked that and bang on!!

Anyway, ignore me, just thinking aloud...

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Just having a coffee and reading up on Dr Google..

SB-10044229-8347 is interesting.. This is from P2135 error code...

Attention: If a vehicle is encountered with this condition, DO NOT replace the throttle body.
Instead follow this procedure below. Model Year 2008-2010 vehicles MUST have the
engine control module (ECM) reprogrammed with the latest software calibration
as
indicated in Step 35 of the procedure AFTER the installation of the throttle position
(TP) sensor cover. Model Year 2011 vehicles DO NOT need to have the ECM
reprogrammed.

Interesting but unfortunately no Pontiac G8 is listed as an affected model. Appart from changing the TB cover which contains the throttle sensor itself, the following steps are interesting.

28. Observe the scan tool TP Sensor 1 and 2 Agree/Disagree parameter while slowly depressing the accelerator pedal to WOT and then slowly returning the pedal to closed throttle. Repeat the procedure several times. Rapidly depress the accelerator pedal from the rest position to the wide open throttle position (WOT) and release pedal. Repeat the procedure several times. The TP Sensor 1 and 2 Agree/Disagree parameter should display Agree.
⇒ If TP Sensor 1 and 2 Agree/Disagree parameter displays Agree, proceed to Step 29.
⇒ If TP Sensor 1 and 2 Agree/Disagree parameter displays Disagree, replace the throttle body assembly.
Observe the ECM module DTC information. Are DTC P1516, P2101 and/or P2176 set?
⇒ If DTC P1516, P2101 and/or P2176 are set, replace the throttle body.
⇒ If DTC P1516, P2101 and/or P2176 are not set, proceed to Step 30.
30. Tighten the throttle body fasteners.

To be honest, the SB procedure above isn’t very different to what is in the procedures within the VF workshop manual :p Still, it’s worth following step 28 and 29 from the SB which checks the TB is within limits and behaves as expected… In that context it’s probably worth checking the vehicle has the latest calibration files installed to the Powertrain modules before such tests are done…

In essence the above SB is probably a cheaper solution for GM than simply changing the whole TB assembly…

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
So trip to HSV Holden in Springwood QLD (gotta get that bit in) was useless, total bunch of spanners here.
Was gonna do a word for word quote but came early in the hope they wasn't too busy but NO ONE here wants to help unless you book it in and then they HAVE to witness it. I said go flog the car and he virtually walked off. Said they'd need to witness it and if it don't happen I'll still be charged.

Bloke wouldn't even look at my pic of pedal and confirm if the right one or not..

Total bunch of *****

Here's a reason why people shouldn't flog another persons car.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/subscribe/news/1/?sourceCode=AAWEB_WRE170_a_GGL&dest=https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger/north-northeast/pedestrian-under-car-in-salisbury-crash/news-story/6a6f1f7fb94f5da19cc7e6cb340ec1e7&memtype=anonymous&mode=premium&v21=dynamic-cold-test-score&V21spcbehaviour=append#:~:text=A driver has been arrested,road near his Salisbury home.&text=Police have charged a man,home at about 3pm Tuesday.

Don't know the full story but do know it was a wheel aligner at a Bob Jane tyre store....

And yes it does have to be replicated to help with the diagnosis.....

Charging...Debateable one...

Booking it in....Never know a shops booking status to actually know whether they should make a paying customer wait to help solve a problem for a non paying customer....

So useless spanners? I personally don't think so, because they don't want to flog another persons car and they need to replicate the problem to diagnoise the problem and they might want to look after a paying customer rather than a non-paying customer

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Yeah, agree that mechanics must obey all road rules and thus mustn’t be flogging customer cars during diagnosis. Such is simply unprofessional, especially as in this case there are alternative diagnostics procedure.

Pity that story is behind a paywall as it may have been an interesting read…

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
What about getting Paul to flog it, get the error code up and limp to garage. Either that or book it in regardless and see if they can find anything amiss.

Expecting them to drop what they are doing and spend even 10 mins having a look is probably not going to happen when people are busy. Jobs are booked in and not generally waiting around for someone to walk in off the street.

We get it every day of the week at my work, people drop in and say I just need 5mins of your time. I will normally say to make an appointment. My day is busy and rarely can I just drop what I'm doing and sort out someone's problem. I'd say most business' are like this unless you're a shop where the norm is you choose some items, and head to the register or someone helps you choose the right product.

Status
Not open for further replies.