Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My HSV Clubsport

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I threw about 8 or so litres in (all I had) so will get some more tomorrow too
If only 8 litres, you'll need at least another 4 litres?
I think the system takes 12 litres?

So that could be the problem? Or a part of the problem?

Did the Asian man give you his phone no.? If possible give him a ring, & ask what he thinks?

But definitely 8 litres is not enough .

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Here’s one chap pulling apart the position selector in a 6L50 which is supposedly the same as in a 6L80… Seems dirty fluid can stuff them up and the6 don’t read correctly even if the rod is being moved correctly.

If you diagnose it as the selector position switch problem and not something else…

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8

Did the Asian man give you his phone no.? If possible give him a ring, & ask what he thinks?

But definitely 8 litres is not enough .
Yeah have his number and will call him tomorrow evening if not sorted by then..

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Straight from this thread by the OP....

So I'll leave it right here
I don’t believe the TCM needs reprogramming if a torque converter is replaced with a standard factory unit. After all, the TCM programming hasn’t been changed and is already programmed and “learned“ for that vehicle variant.

Heck, I’ve read many have replaced a faulty TCM with a used TCM from a same brand and variant of vehicle without issue.

A reset and/or adaptive relearn can help if the transmission shifts harshly after a bad TC or clutch pack repair… Otherwise, nah, probably not …. said from one who’s never pulled an auto transmission apart :p:p:p

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8

Yeah 12 litres but as I said it selected all gears with no oil so don't think it's the volume. Will get some more oil tomorrow and get me levels right after an inspection in case I've missed something...

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Easy to miss things…. Like me once filling an engine with new oil after a flush only to see new oil spreading at my feet and sump plug on the fender :p:p:p

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I don’t believe the TCM needs reprogramming if a torque converter is replaced with a standard factory unit. After all, the TCM programming hasn’t been changed and is already programmed and “learned“ for that vehicle variant.

Heck, I’ve read many have replaced a faulty TCM with a used TCM from a same brand and variant of vehicle without issue.

A reset and/or adaptive relearn can help if the transmission shifts harshly after a bad TC or clutch pack repair… Otherwise, nah, probably not …. said from one who’s never pulled an auto transmission apart :p:p:p

I have no idea whether it does or doesn't....Just reposting what was put up as a reminder....

As for me, got to much electronic crud for my liking.....I'll stick with stuff that has wiring for a neutral safety switch and reverse lights....Nothing else

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have no idea whether it does or doesn't....Just reposting what was put up as a reminder....

As for me, got to much electronic crud for my liking.....I'll stick with stuff that has wiring for a neutral safety switch and reverse lights....Nothing else
Simplicity is so underrated :cool: