Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My HSV Clubsport

Status
Not open for further replies.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Redo the ECM and then worry what happens...Until then, your running round in circles

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Range should reset correctly once you start doing some Km in it

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
Range should reset correctly once you start doing some Km in it
Front of car is up but prior to raising the last was 19ks left. I've left battery disconnected since VC said to reset it, and now car is up at the front (any fuel obv going to the back of tank) and now got the 'low fuel' on the dash so would guess the sensor or whatever it has is working. Could be imagining it but *think* she's idling smoother. I also unplugged and plugged back in the connectors to the front brakes and so far not seen the stabilty control or ABS warning, but certainly early days.

Gonna let idle for a bit but I *think* this is where the fuel needle should be with the self test. To start I thought it should go to max but thinking about it now the temp gauge, RPM and speedo all go half way, not to maximum so putting the petrol gauge half way and see how we go when I can afford to fill it.

Self test now...

Screenshot_20240519_104540_Gallery.jpg

Reckon that's what's expected...

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
there is a idle relearn which resets the stored memory, but it always adjusts so if u have any slight idle changes from dirt layering the TB it adjusts over time, they are same as fuel trims but idle trims, this is why when people clean the TB from the small layer of gunk that builds up that it adjusted to over the years then when its gone it idles high till it relearns, the gold and silver TB use different controllers so best to use the silver that suits, they also operate opposite direction i think ?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
there is a idle relearn which resets the stored memory, but it always adjusts so if u have any slight idle changes from dirt layering the TB it adjusts over time, they are same as fuel trims but idle trims, this is why when people clean the TB from the small layer of gunk that builds up that it adjusted to over the years then when its gone it idles high till it relearns, the gold and silver TB use different controllers so best to use the silver that suits, they also operate opposite direction i think ?
Yes gold and silver open/close in different directions, but altho the car should have a silver, last time I got a GM silver and put it in the car went into low power mode with every foot to the floor. The gold operates the best with the totally random low power trip now and then. As time has gone on the low power trips are less, but still happen so want it sorted one day. Maybe it just needs a reset when the silver is installed to let it learn the parameters itself over working with the set that it had learnt with the gold.

All guesswork as so far no one has said "do this and it'll work!" Been to 3 tuners, multiple mechanics and everyone on here. Tried 3 pedals and probably 3 or 4 TBs and all perform differently, but none without low power trips.

The heat shield is back on and off out now for a trial run after resetting the ECM with power disconnected for half hour.

Screenshot_20240519_124805_Gallery.jpg

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
Wasn't there talk of defaulting it because of some other owner stuff assing round with it?

You made mention of it in this post to do with defaulting

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/my-hsv-clubsport.293978/page-384
Yeah all guessing tho, I have no proof he opened the ECM up. Wouldn't surprise me but yeah dunno.

Will see how car performs after the reset as I'm sure she's idling smoother than earlier prior to reset. Also prior to rest I couldn't rev it hard without traction control going off and the button doing nothing. Now all good, but as I a as y will see how test goes...

Status
Not open for further replies.