Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My HSV Clubsport

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
So in law, which shocks me as he won't drive his baby if it's raining... :oops: He sent me this earlier. No doubt last night somewhere...

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
Get the battery load tested. If test ok, save a couple of $100?
Def rooted, wasn't holding charge.

Not sure if this tells much from the guages...

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
I’d hazard a guess that a new battery will sort all that out they are very voltage sensitive, if it’s not holding charge then she’s a gonner

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Get your battery checked before buying a new one.

As for your new job, hope it works out for you. You do realise by the time you get to retirement age it wll have been lifted to 75.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
A VE fuel tank has a capacity of 73 litres.

From what I understand, all sedan variants are the same, be they v6, v8, Holden or HSV. Not sure about Utes or Wagons.

That should mean every 1/8 of the gauge should equate to 9.124l while every 1/4 should equal 18.25 litres :p

BUT if the tank level doesn’t fill in a linear way, or the sensor doesn’t have the same nonlinearity in it’s winding to reflect how the tank fills, then each section may not reflect the reality :rolleyes:

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8

From what I understand, all sedan variants are the same, be they v6, v8, Holden or HSV. Not sure about Utes or Wagons.

That should mean every 1/8 of the gauge should equate to 9.124l while every 1/4 should equal 18.25 litres :p

BUT if the tank level doesn’t fill in a linear way, or the sensor doesn’t have the same nonlinearity in it’s winding to reflect how the tank fills, then each section may not reflect the reality :rolleyes:
Thanks. Have bigger problems in my life as I type, and funny enough the car is waaaaay down there....

Appreciate it tho.

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
Get your battery checked before buying a new one.

As for your new job, hope it works out for you. You do realise by the time you get to retirement age it wll have been lifted to 75.
While out messing with the car stereo arrangement this arvy, a few of the lovely pictures the car have me... :D

Screenshot_20240519_173322_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240519_173305_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240519_173245_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240519_173330_Gallery.jpg

No question as to the battery condition. I'll leave the car till I replace it.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Not sure about sedans but in my ute if I fill it completely full and then drive it, it will sit around the 1/2 full mark a lot longer than the 1/4 mark. Get it down to a 1/4 and it seems like its maybe 1.5 trips to work if that and back and I'm on empty. Whereas it will hover around 1/2 a tank a lot longer. If I fill it to the brim it will sit on full for ages too, so yeah the gauge is not a true representation of how much petrol it uses.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon

Wagons are the same as sedans. The F2 HSVs might be different as they had the diff cooler and bigger differential, so they were fitted with the LPG panel in the boot - so no spare wheel cavity. I’m not sure what fuel tank they got though.

Regarding the linearity of the fuel gauge reading, I would have thought that Holden would have ‘mapped’ the fuel sensor readings (which are essentially fuel height) to litres fairly accurately in their firmware. I usually play ‘guess the number of litres’ when filling up, so I’m working off the fuel gauge reading. I can usually guess the ‘litres to full’ within a couple of litres most of the time. So, the fuel gauge must be reasonably accurate.

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
On a side note. Anyone who has a car and might go to Supercheap. If you're not a member (2 min sign up in the store) then more fool you.

I get these all the time. If they drop the price on something you buy within the next 2 weeks, they give you the difference back!

Money for nothing as you was happy to spend money on it in the first place. I got 2 botlles of TM oil last week....

Screenshot_20240519_175121_Gmail.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.