Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My HSV Clubsport

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
TR6’s in mine too.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Boy is def seeing things. All plugs out so can turn by balancer nut easy enough.

I see no 'chunk' missing... :rolleyes:... but them there clunks don't sound too good hey... o_O

Something looks wrong to me as I thought the TC is bolted directly to the flex plate and they rotate together as an assembly.

I didn’t think there was anything else sitting between the TC and flex plate but in your case there is and it’s rotating at a different rate to the TC/flex plate itself :rolleyes:

Compare to the below video

Not sure what I’m missing but then again I’ve not rebuilt an auto trans…

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just found the following

and text below the video was

In this video you can clearly hear the sound that seems to be caused by a bolt bouncing around inside the bell housing. It was not a bolt. In short terms, CHECK YOUR STARTER. After multiple hours of trying to figure out the problem and pulling stuff apart. We learned that the starter would not hold the drive pinion back causing it to bounce off the flywheel. This is why the noise was more noticeable while on an incline. Hope this information and video helps!

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride