Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My HSV VZ Senator Barbados blue

Chris_Rolfe

Reaction score
Members Ride
Skaife Edition Senator
Love the Senator mate, looking to pick up a Z series Senator myself shortly. Just wanted to know all in all how you have found the car to be..

Cheers
Chris

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
I love it although I have played with a little bit.
I probably could have lived with it std but i just can't help my self.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Re:Brakes, EBC Reds, Safer Brakes braided lines, new discs

So finally did my brakes both F&R, EBC reds, new discs and Braided lines with some pics.
Pedal feel is very firm which is great and the breaks are awesome at the moment on the break in coating.
Dust is pretty heavy during the break in period, will have to wait a few hundred K's till the soft break in coating is gone to see if they are less dusty than the old AP Ferodo 2500's.

Here are a couple of pics of the rears.

Last edited:

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
A little update.
I recently fitted a Wavetrac Wavetrac® Differential - A torque biasing differential with a difference diff centre and I'm rapped with my choice.
Was originally going to fit a Harrop true trac but decided on the wavetrac after reading many forum reviews especially overseas.
I found a wet road yesterday and it just sat on the rear and jumped off the line.
Thanks to zom & VEO55 for their input and incites.

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II S-pac V6 Ute / VZ SV6 Sedan / VZ R8
A little update.
I recently fitted a Wavetrac Wavetrac® Differential - A torque biasing differential with a difference diff centre and I'm rapped with my choice.
Was originally going to fit a Harrop true trac but decided on the wavetrac after reading many forum reviews especially overseas.
I found a wet road yesterday and it just sat on the rear and jumped off the line.
Thanks to zom & VEO55 for their input and incites.

Absolutely gorgeous.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
I recently fitted some DBA 5000 2 piece discs to the Senator and was pleasantly surprised at the weight difference.
My Holmart AP replicas weighed in at 11.5kg while the DBA's only 9.2kg, an unsprung weight saving of 2.3kg.
So while I was in the mood I weighed my 8"& 9"x 18" BBS RE's with 235 & 275 tyres against my 8"x18" spare (VY R8 wheel with 215/45x18 Pirelli).
The Combined weight of the spare and tyre came in at 25kg, while the 8" BBS/235 tyre was 21kg and the 9" BBS/275 tyre was 21.5kg.
A healthy 3-4kg in unsprung weight.
I know in the real world it doesn't mean much to driving feel but less unsprung weight gives better/longer life to suspension parts and hub bearings.