Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My IPAD Install

cheesy_j

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS
How does the air con work now??
I'm keen on doing this

westy27

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
The HVAC controller that is mention in the above few posts. Basically it is a touch screen GPS size device that talks to gmlan . this is what it looks like up close.

hi002-front.jpg

Has everything on it (if you have a SS it does have climate control ) and hazard button etc. I think it looks a hell of a lot better then that microwave control looking thing was was released a few weeks back.

kcpwns

Kicker - Livin' Loud :)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
I want one :s
they look way cool

dingdong555

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2005 Executive
this may be a stupid questing but how are you changing radio stations etc..?

westy27

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Have 6 Programmed into the memory and change them by steering wheel controls, only listen to 2 of them lol. I more listen to the ipad so it wasnt a big concern of mine. Just make sure the six you program in work and are good lol.

westy27

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Also the IPAD has digital Radio Stations. All your normal stations plus heaps more and hasnt really used that much data yet. (put a 1gb prepaid card in it and have used GPS heaps and Digital Radio for a good few hours and still has heaps left.)

westy27

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Just worked it out, can get around 100 hrs of Digital Radio (32Kbps = 4KB/s = 12MB/hour off google) for a $20 recharge or whatever, so with the ipad that will probs last me 6 months

grantlyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Calais 5.7
great idea for the install.. this prompted me to purchase a plx kiwi wifi and the demon8 designs skin for dashcommand. :D now to just find a nice mount so i can put it inside the VY somewhere

westy27

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
just hold off on buying the skin! there is a aussie one Nate is making and will be out in a few days (Has all our unit Km/l etc in it) But nice work! post some pictures up when your done!!!

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
Very impressed with all this, love how it looks like a standard feature and not a poorly modified attempt. Very schmick.. would the same principle apply if I were to use a tablet other than an ipad? Acer Iconia perhaps?