Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My MY06 Berlina

shauniie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 hsv ve r8 clubby oh baby!
Got the wheels, I do like them. I daresay I need red calipers now (red makes them brake harder, right?)

View attachment 131786

It's a little high on the rear for my liking. I've got the FE2 springs sitting at home.... just need to get 'em installed.

the suspension is actually really easy to install urself would save alot of money goin through a mechanic all u really need are spring compressors :) n some basic tools :) i took mine out n put coilovers in so fair easy

The 10th Doctor

ambitious but rubbish
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE SS-V
the suspension is actually really easy to install urself would save alot of money goin through a mechanic all u really need are spring compressors :) n some basic tools :) i took mine out n put coilovers in so fair easy

I'm fairly sure I could have done it myself (or at least with a mate) but I figure suspension is a large component of the only thing that keeps my car on the road, and I don't want to potentially mess it up. Plus, the mechanic owes me one indirectly so it's not going to be too much.

shauniie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 hsv ve r8 clubby oh baby!
ahyea fair enough then :) what springs are u puttin on them or just leavin the standard fe2 springs on?

The 10th Doctor

ambitious but rubbish
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE SS-V
Well, FE2 was put in last Friday. I like the difference, doesn't feel much like a boat now.

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Cool thanks for the update, I really want to do it to. Do you mind telling us the costs?

The 10th Doctor

ambitious but rubbish
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE SS-V
Cool thanks for the update, I really want to do it to. Do you mind telling us the costs?

It was about $25 for the springs off eBay, plus $35 for the shipping and about $150 (with mates rates) to get them fitted. If I had the money I would have gotten all the shocks replaced at the same time but... I don't at the moment :p

The 10th Doctor

ambitious but rubbish
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE SS-V
Noticed that one of my centre caps were missing, so went to Holden to get one... ended up with some upper boot carpet (and the centre cap!). I asked how much to replace the woodgrain with a different version... $160! Just Commodore Spares said they had one for $66 - this was about a month ago, I should call soon.

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
You could always just wrap the wood with vinyl. It would cost next to nothing.

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
oh and what is the cost of the upper boot carpet stuff?