Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My MY06 Berlina

salute the ute

DRIVING IS A PASSION
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute Series II Perfect Blue
Ended up buying the chrome bit as well, so hopefully the rear end will look nice. Wish I could get rid of the towbar, though. I've been playing with my jailbroken iPod + el cheapo OBDII bluetooth adaptor. It's interesting, but there's slightly less than a second in the delay of data... but I guess you can clear codes and stuff with it, and the historical data is interesting enough. I've found my dash overreads speed - when I am sitting dead on 60 km/h, my iPod tells me I'm only doing 57km/h - If I do 65km/h, apparently I'm only doing 63km/h! Has anyone seen similar results?

View attachment 148034.

I have recently purchased a DSLR so I may not be spending much on the car for a month or two... but I'll be taking lots of photos of it! :p

I'm pretty sure Holden sets their speedo's to do 3 Km/h less, my fathers MY10 calais did it and so does my MY12 ute. It's handy I reckon.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
I've found my dash overreads speed - when I am sitting dead on 60 km/h, my iPod tells me I'm only doing 57km/h - If I do 65km/h, apparently I'm only doing 63km/h! Has anyone seen similar results?

This is normal for most cars built from 2000 onwards.

All cars will read a couple of km faster than you are actually doing (Think its to help against speed cameras etc) but its fairly standard these days.

I think it actually became mandatory a few years ago that all cars had to have 3km difference in the speedo.

salute the ute

DRIVING IS A PASSION
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute Series II Perfect Blue
This is normal for most cars built from 2000 onwards.

All cars will read a couple of km faster than you are actually doing (Think its to help against speed cameras etc) but its fairly standard these days.

I think it actually became mandatory a few years ago that all cars had to have 3km difference in the speedo.

That seems to be the way with most cars, i'm normally sitting behide people around 3 KM's under at speeds above 50 KM's

The 10th Doctor

ambitious but rubbish
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE SS-V
Updates!

- Got it on King Springs
- Replaced my front splits with Polk DB6501's, going to amp them soon
- Have a lip spoiler now. I did have the chrome bit where the number plate is... but that fell off :/

I think the springs I got must have been labeled wrong - the backs was apparently just SL but it's lower than my front! I'm getting it changed over soon so hopefully it'll raise the ass end up again.

413327_10151092335688388_803226666_o.jpg 341305_10151090991178388_1278266446_o.jpg

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Looks good mate, bitty about the chrome bit falling of :(. how did you go about attaching the spoiler?

The 10th Doctor

ambitious but rubbish
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE SS-V
Looks good mate, bitty about the chrome bit falling of :(. how did you go about attaching the spoiler?

Yeah, to be honest, I think it looks a bit better without it - too much stuff going on at the rear, otherwise! Fitting the lip spoiler was a bodge of a job. We ended up drilling through the boot (it already had guides for where factory fitted one would go) and used two plastic clips in said holes to hold it. Then, used some adhesive (the actual name escapes me at the moment) to further stick it down. I think it's slightly coming off now, so I will have to look at re-doing it.

Have you got yours fitted or even thought about how you're doing to do it? :)

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
I have not fitted mine yet, I was thinking of using screws but I didnt really want to put holes in my boot.

The 10th Doctor

ambitious but rubbish
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE SS-V
Alrighty, I've had a few things done and boy, do the small things make a difference!

- New front rotors and brake pads (no more squealing when braking)
- New rear brake pads (as above)
- Exhaust hangers tightened (there was vibration with the A/C on - turns out it was due to this)
- New tyres
- Ass end lifted up again (although now I think it's too high.. goddamn it)

and I have a Kenwood KAC-7205 amp and AudioControl LC2i LOC sitting on my desk, to power the front Polk DB6501's. Should have it all installed this weekend or next.

I'm thinking of getting some fake carbon fibre (or something else) and covering up bits of trim. Has anyone done this? Difficult? I've got blue LEDs for the footwells at the moment but they are plugged into the original light socket and so don't spread too far. I'm thinking of getting 5-10m of LED's off eBay and wiring these up and also putting some in for the back seats. I'll have to get a soldering iron, haven't used one of those in a while!

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
I have some experience wrapping dash parts, it is quite simple as long as you have a heat gun. The only part I would not recommend doing is the gear stick surround as it has difficult contours. As far as foot lighting goes I haves used 30cm LED strips and they work really well.