Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Perfect Blue SV6 Ute

salute the ute

DRIVING IS A PASSION
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute Series II Perfect Blue
Not going to read so many pages just to check if someone else asked my question.

Why does it say that you replaced the front bar with an SSV one?

Adding chrome inserts to the fog lights of a MY12 front bar makes it a SSV front as the chrome bezels around the fog lights only came out on the SSV's. SV6 and SS only got chrome around the top and bottom grill. So theoretically it's an SSV front bar.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Adding chrome inserts to the fog lights of a MY12 front bar makes it a SSV front as the chrome bezels around the fog lights only came out on the SSV's. SV6 and SS only got chrome around the top and bottom grill. So theoretically it's an SSV front bar.

No. Technically it's an SV6 front bar with chrome bezels added.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
One thing I have to give you missive credit for, is leaving the badges on the rear so it doesn't look like it's trying to be something it's not. Having a look through your pics mate your ute is a credit to you and how much you love it! It looks awesome! Keep it up.

Cheers!

salute the ute

DRIVING IS A PASSION
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute Series II Perfect Blue

One thing I have to give you missive credit for, is leaving the badges on the rear so it doesn't look like it's trying to be something it's not. Having a look through your pics mate your ute is a credit to you and how much you love it! It looks awesome! Keep it up.

Cheers!

But that makes the SV6 bar an SSV bar lol

Never had any plans on removing the badges to make it look like something it's not. The car has just had parts put on it from the SS and SSV, I didn't have intentions on that happening, it just did. But badges will stay on.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
I like the Calais console cover you've put under the HVAC controls. Much nicer than the tray. I didn't know they fitted there.

Last edited:

Major Herbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
'10 Pontiac G8 Manual '10 VE SV6 Manual

Exactly, it's not from an SSV it's just got the chrome bits from an SSV.

I do like what you've done with the inside, I'd love to get that cover you have out of a Calais in my car.