Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My S-Pack system

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Well my headunit came in the mail today and I bought a different sub and amp...

Got a sony 12" Xplod sub, 1000wrms max, got a Cadence Z8000 2 Chan amp with 500wrms bridged

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
sounds good mate, careful with the sony sub though... could possibly overpower it if you dont set the gain properly

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
overpower the sub? I don't get it, when its peak power is at 1000wrms and the amps max is 500wrms?

by the way would the JL 6" splits and the Rockford Fosgate 6" be 4 or 2ohm? or both?

Last edited:

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Should say on the back of the speakers.

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
overpower the sub? I don't get it, when its peak power is at 1000wrms and the amps max is 500wrms?

by the way would the JL 6" splits and the Rockford Fosgate 6" be 4 or 2ohm? or both?

ud find that the actual rms power rating for the sub would be closer to 350w rms, whereas the amp would be 500wrms. When a rating is written in 'watts max' or 'pmpo' it means nothing at all.

All your speakers would be 4 ohm.:thumbsup:

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/X Wagon
As bezz has said, PMPO/peak means nothing. You can't have a 1000wrms peak sub, it's either wRMS or peak. I'm sure you've already picked up on this, just figured I'd post it in greater detail. Very lucky to pick up a car with JB/rockford gear already installed too.
Good luck with the install.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
As bezz has said, PMPO/peak means nothing. You can't have a 1000wrms peak sub, it's either wRMS or peak. I'm sure you've already picked up on this, just figured I'd post it in greater detail. Very lucky to pick up a car with JB/rockford gear already installed too.
Good luck with the install.

yeah i figured it out..haha thanks for clarifying though...

Install should be happening sometime this week...

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Ok I have got a couple of quotes

JB Hi-Fi quoted me $270 for installation of Sub, Amp, Headunit and re-wiring of speakers...

Autobarn quoted me $300 as long as I provide the wiring...(thats like another $100 yeah?)

ok so are there any good car audio wiring packs you can suggest (I'm going to JB tomorrow to clarify prices) but any indication of what I should be looking for.

Also I'm pretty sure I have to re-wire my speakers back into the loom, and I have to wire the rear speakers back up to the front to run off the h/u ;) so more wires

my mate suggested this pack

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Professional...3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:4|65:1|39:1|240:1318

or this one

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-6AWG-Amp...3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:4|65:1|39:1|240:1318

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Neither of those wiring kits will do. You are gonna need at LEAST 4gauge wiring. Don't buy cheap Ebay kits as you run the risk of dodgy wiring, and in the most extreme cases you risk a fire breaking out.

Get at least a Sony or if you really feel the need too, a Aerpro kit. JB sell Cadence wiring kits for a really good price, about $85 for a 4 gauge kit, could probably get it cheaper if you bargain or they do the install.