Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My S2 Berlina

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Your list seems a bit like mine haha ;).

Good looking car man, rims + lowering will give the biggest appeal ever.. SL front SSL rear is the way to go, i got mine sitting on 18's ATM and i honestly think it looks great. I did do shorter shocks/struts though for more comfortableness.

Btw take off your chev badge... Haha I'm just sturring mate I don't care ;)

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
Yeah I'm looking for a nice set of 18's, preferably black with a chrome lip, little bit of dish too. Not sure though. I've seen some really nice ones but cant find the names of them. I'm looking for some with many spokes too, kind of like the Speedy Cheetah's but nicer :p.

I was also thinking of either black holden badge or black chev badge, or just leaving what I've got. i saw another car on the forums with a black chev badge front and back and looksed awesome, however it was just a black exec without the chrome bits of the Berlina/Calais. Not sure how it'd look with the chrome garnishes.

And yeah in regards to lowering, I was thinking that or just SL's all round. Not sure yet =S. The tyres still have about 6 months left in them so I guess I've got 6 months to go shopping and decide.

DUK13Y

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Ok bit of an update. Now has twin 10" subs in the boot installed with a LOC. Installing a 4ch amp for my door speakers too currently with the high input plug, though I am getting alternator noise from it. I have redone the groundings to it with 8gauge and it improved the noise, though it's still there and annoying as hell. I've got another LOC coming so maybe using the RCA inputs will reduce, or get rid of my interference noise.

On another note, I have purchased a 2.5" catback from Not_An_ABBA_Fan and should be receiving it soon, hopefully tomorrow. So I'll post a vid up when it's installed. So pumped for it.

As for further plans, I've got new parkers coming with 26 white smd's on them so with any luck they'll be nice and bright. HID's are still on the cards but not really urgent atm. Bought a motorbike and planning a holiday overseas this year so money's a bit tight, especially for a first year apprentice electrician. Really wanting rims and tyres for my next set but due to no money, doubt I'll be getting rims. So that also means no lowering for a while too. No point of lowering on stockies.

Anyway, I'll update when I either fix my amp, or install my exhaust.

SMURFTEC.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VS S Commodore
mate new plates? saw you today as i was on my way to work on epping road, was behind you for a bit. cars looking nice! love the "the duckman" numberplate surround!

DUK13Y

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Yeah swapped the plates over from my Lancer which I sold. I never see anyones cars yet I've been told several times that they've seen me. And it's always because they're behind me, or at an intersection or I'm parked and not in the car. Ah well.
Got the frames off ebay. Customised frames from ebay cost just as much as standard ones from a shop. Crazy.

Anyway, exhaust is on. Sounds beast! Just gotta sort out a tip for it now. I'm thinking 2.5"inlet into twin 2.5" outlet Y piece. I reckon they look the goods. Would 3" outlets be too big?

Slipper

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ SV6 A5
If i were you i'd steer well clear of those leather covers unless your planning on getting the side airbags disabled or removed, covered up and you take a hit from the side it will throw you about something feirce, broken ribs would be coming out lucky

DUK13Y

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Yeah I doubt I'll be doing the leather seats anymore due to lack of funds and the risk involved with the side impact air bags. If I get some more money, rims and lowering will be next. Just see how money goes.

DUK13Y

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Bad news. A dog ran infront of my car last night during wet weather. Swerved to avoid, lost control of the rear due to conditions and poor tyre condition and ended up on a gutter 50cm from a shop window. Rear right axle is snapped, both drivers side wheels are buckled and cracked. Rear right wheel hub sheered off from axle. Steering rack is broken. Transmission is possibly broken, diff is possibly broken, etc... Towed last night by a meat head who was just going to drag it on the tray causing the rear wheel, which was lying flat but still attached, to drag under the bumper which would have ripped it off. After a heated debate of how stupid he was at his job, I got the tyre off and wedged a hunk of wood under the remains of the suspension/wheel assembly to drag it along that and not the bumper on the pavement. Taken to the assessors right away last night and will probably be hearing from them today. Car is insured for about $16k so I'm not sure if they'll write it off or not. Either way, it's a very sad day.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
accident damage

Not good news, hope if the insurance company decide to fix it that they do a decent job and use new parts.