Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My S2 Berlina

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
Hey mate -- Spotted your car on Sunday at North Parra, in the carpark near the Lifestyle Store/Dick Smiths.. you were parked next to me - Dark green VS wagon. Looking good, my mate actually spotted it as he was slightly jelous of the black VY Berlina he was looking one for ages lol then i saw your plates and recognised the name from somewhere!!

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
soz boys. haven't been here in ages. HSC has just taken over my life atm. Been working on my other (ricer) car.

Yeah the holden is going beautiful. No dramas there. Have decided to leave most of it as it is due to a lack of funds and wanting to buy a motorbike too next year. So i was thinking either a decent set of rims + lowering or a bike and maybe a holiday with my girlfriend.
I went for the bike + holiday option =P... so far

DUK13Y

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Ok new plan. Selling my Lancer and making this my daily. So this means it will get a lot more attention and hopefully some new mods soon. At the start of this thread, I was very young and stupid in terms of money, so I'll be dialing back on the mods planned simply cause cars are bloody expensive :p. I will however be getting my exhaust done, and am thinking getting the calais front end finished, and maybe rockers and/or a cam upgrade.

As far as interior goes, I was thinking of getting the ebay leather seat covers (LEATHER SEAT COVER HOLDEN COMMODORE VE VZ VY VX VT VU (eBay item 260616395809 end time 03-Feb-11 19:33:30 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats) and getting a new headunit.

Rims and lowering are yes wanted, but also very expensive for me so isn't a priority.

So what do you guys think? Feels good to be back on the forums :thumbsup:

2002VY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY Exec
Good move on getting rid of the lancer and keepin the commy!
Im about to buy that interior for my vy too. My mate has it in his and it looks mint. Really sets it off

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Hi Duk

I wouldn't go for the ebay seat covers. Your Series 2 has side air bags and those seat covers are not designed for air-bags. If you had a side impact where the air bag tried to deploy, the seat cover would prevent it from doing so properly but it would still inflate, possibly pushing you around in a dangerous manner.

If you lower the car, for heaven's sake keep it sensible. VY's look awful when the diff is nearly scraping the dirt. As for rims, your budget will limit what to get, but remember that the bigger the rim diameter, the dearer the tyres and the harsher the ride. (generally speaking)

DUK13Y

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
I'm keen on the seat covers simply cause they add so much appeal to the interiors looks, however, would the only reason not to get them be based on safety or are they of a lower quality and look bad after 6 months?

With lowering, I wouldnt go lower than SSL's in the rear and SL's in the front. My girlfriend has a rather steep driveway entrance and I dont think it would be too impressive if I had to make her walk down the 50m driveway :p. I don't really have too much money to spend so rims wont be for a while at least. Would lowering it on standard 16" rims look ok or not worth it without a nice set of 18's?

First priority is going to be exhaust and swapping over the speakers from the lancer into the holden.

luke641

ST33ZE: A Berlina Thing
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Berlina with Calais Bits
I can tell you VS SSL's in a VY looks ok on 15's, but its somewhat impractical. Driveways arnt fun, im lucky but, i have wider then usuall rear 15's so it prevents a little scrapage. But still gets it.

SL's in front. VY SSL's rear and its good.

And dumped on stockies is always a good look;)

DUK13Y

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Ok so speakers have been changed over to 6" Pioneer's. Sounds alright but am thinking of a headunit change to allow for more wattage and added amps. Would 6x9's be worth the money when looking for bass without having a sub? I had subs in my lancer and they just looked tacky. I'd prefer the more subtle look of the 6x9's.

Also thinking of rims and lowering when the tyres on it need replacing. Which will be in about 6 months i reckon, so gives me time to see what style I like and how low I wanna go. Suggestions? I was thinking black rims with chrome lip sitting on SSL's in rear and SL's in front. Would that still be a practical height? Might be used to tow a 16ft runabout which I reckon would weigh about 1.2tonne including trailer.

Will be doing some minor mods soon such as painting steering wheel inserts satin chrome as well as possibly the cluster surround. Still thinking of getting the ebay leather seats but am not sure whether I want jsut a nice black stock leather look, or if I want cream leather or a mix. Just unsure.

Any comments on plans would be appreciated.

VesperZ

2005 Holden VZ Berlina
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Hey man,

I went through the same dilemma with leather seats, I wanted the cream leather as well but decided against it for the simple reason that if they get dirty they look like crap. I ended up going black leather with black perforated center and blue double stitching and I haven't regretted it ever since. On the other hand, your car is black, and I think black on black is a bit too much black. Cream would look sick on yours. Just make sure if you end up doing your seats with leather, make sure you do your door trims as well (I mean the cloth part) otherwise it looks tacky. I have had mine for over 9 months now, and they still look as good as they did from day 1. I wouldn't go with Proseat tho, they fudged me around for around 6 months, I decided to go with Ultimate Auto Trim, good service and good support after purchasing the product.

DUK13Y

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Righto then. I'm having mixed thoughts about them due to the side air bags and whatnot, plus they're a lot of money for something I don't need. Thinking of putting the money into other things like rims and lowering before leather seats. Plus my gf doesn't seem to like leather so that's good enough for me to postpone it a little. haha.
Atm, my list is:
audio upgrade
rims+lowering
exhaust
calais bonnet strip
work out the rest later.