Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VH, 19s, Custom interior in the making

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
looks tough in black mate. And all the best with the interior, really should set it off.
a big NO from me on the whitewalls. IMO white walls belong on FJ Holdens. Wheels look great as they are

Pez

Reppin
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VK
This is what i'll be doing, tossing up between vinyl and velour, did you install it yourself? If so was it hard? Or did you get a professional to do it, and was it expensive? Sorry for all the responses but i've been dreading the headlining.

hey mate havnt been on for a while
i installed it myself. real easy all you need is some spray strong glue and an extra pair of hands and it is as easy as piss.
you need to have windscreens out to do it but

MYVHV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VHV8
looks tough in black mate. And all the best with the interior, really should set it off.
a big NO from me on the whitewalls. IMO white walls belong on FJ Holdens. Wheels look great as they are

Cheers mate, I think i'll stick with the wheels the way they are :)

MYVHV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VHV8
hey mate havnt been on for a while
i installed it myself. real easy all you need is some spray strong glue and an extra pair of hands and it is as easy as piss.
you need to have windscreens out to do it but

Ok thanks Pez, that makes me feel alot better except for the windscreens bit. I wonder if I could maybe slip it under the rubbers or something. Hmmm

Is this the one that you got? Looks neat.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SEDAN-HEADLI...hash=item140303148246&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

MYVHV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VHV8
Ok bit of an update I got a manual leather gear boot for the shifter to give it that neat look. Much the same as Cheetr originally had in his VT if anyone remembers. I also bought 4 VDO gauges Fuel, Oil + Water Temp + Amps for the custom dash that will be going in, I also bought a cheap ebay headunit and got some speakers off my brother just to get it up and running with some tunes. Pics on demand :)

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Pics are a must!!

Im keen to see what the gauges will look like, wanting to do the same thing, on some brushed aluminium/stainless...

Keep the progress coming mate!

MYVHV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VHV8
Well I just ordered a black faced 100mm VDO speedo to go with my gauges and the guy is posting them all together so as soon as I get them pics will be up.

The headunit was late so I asked the guy from ebay and he assures me it will be here either tomorrow or early next week.

I've bought all new paints for the plastics and after today are all, almost done!

So its all go at the moment thanks to Kevin Rudd ;)

Things i'm dreading:

-Cutting all the little holes out of the carpet and making it fit perfect

-Do headliners come with holes for interior lights and seatbelt holes or do I have to cut them?

-Removing the steering wheel, last time I bent the wheel remover? lol

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Things i'm dreading:

-Removing the steering wheel, last time I bent the wheel remover? lol

LOL, I bent 3 of these beyond repair trying to remove mine, I tryed everything, to installing heavy duty washers and high tensile bolts, they just kept bending. In the end I got a mate who gets bit aggressive after drinking rum, so got him round, gave him a few Bundy's and asked him if he could remove it lol, it came off :p

Nice looking VH to, interiour looks like its coming up awesome, I've always loved black interiors in these. Got any photos of your gauge setup?

spd_dmn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR Exec, 5.0L BT1
Mate! Looks ****ing horny as! Top job, keep it up.

Pez

Reppin
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VK