Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my vn, first car

bread

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
you've gotta get good rims though, a nice set of vx ss rims, after you lower it would look nice.

lachie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp commodore 3.8ltr v6
yeah i wil definatley lower it first, i am worried though about buyin rims that look to new for the car, i think the vr ones suit well.

lachie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp commodore 3.8ltr v6
hey rick, jst wondering if you have painted your bumpers? i am thinking about it because mine are faded and look horrible up close, if you have what piaint did or should i use

VL-EXEC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
loooks mint man, put a big 80lt drop tank in it, loose the pin stripe and black strip, de-badge it...

and slame it on cepters with whitewalls

will look mint (bt1 style)

lachie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp commodore 3.8ltr v6
yea not a bad sugetion haha! but i am fond of the pin stripe. i have tryed to get the commodore badge off and its a bugger so i have given up haha, wouldnt the paint underneath the black strips be a different colour though? thats what im worried about.

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
yeah i painted my back bumper (white).... i just sanded it so everything was smooth then primed it and then painted it and threw some clear over the top...
to be honest its not the best job but when the car eventually gets a full respray ill do some bars that are in better condition, i just wanted it to look better then it was...

as for the paint its just normal acrylic stuff, nothing fancy...

BTW for the badges, do what i done, heat them up with a heat gun (dont get to close and dont leave it in one spot) and just keep going over it for about a minute then rip them off :)

VL-EXEC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
as said above for the badges heats them up with a heat gun and use a credit card, slide the card under the badge and it will peel off easier...

as for the paint it might be slightly brighter but with a good cut and polish you wont notice it

Thorny32

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx berlina
nice car bud always have liked the vns. just lower some nice rims and an exhaust. thats my opinion