Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VP Calais

phat_com

VR IS A BEAST WITH NEW V6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR s2 Acclaim/VK IS GONE :(
Looks like a sweet as calais man! i love the green and silver or blue and silver the best! BTW does the chev sticker mean its an 8 banger? or a good ol' trusty V6?

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
thanks mate,
nah tha chev stiker just means i wish it was a chevy, shes jus a 3.8 V6

G4orce

HSV Owner
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
Vy Senator Signature 5.7lt auto
Nice looking car But I do think It needs a good dumping LOL. I like the VP Calais. Just a question as well, How did you make the panel on you boot lid. I want something like that but not too sure where to start.

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
lol ye thanks mate, i couldnt agree more about gettin her sittin ALOT lower, shes on kings atm, but i think there from a V8 so didnt drop her much, when i get tha money she'll b goin down :D

as for tha boot are u interested in makin a sign or just to carpet it??

G4orce

HSV Owner
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
Vy Senator Signature 5.7lt auto
lol ye thanks mate, i couldnt agree more about gettin her sittin ALOT lower, shes on kings atm, but i think there from a V8 so didnt drop her much, when i get tha money she'll b goin down :D

as for tha boot are u interested in makin a sign or just to carpet it??

Well the carpet and I was looking at putting something in the middle of it like yours but i dont no how to get the shape, keep it stuck to the boot etc...

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
its pretty piss,
i started makin a full MDF template to go underneath tha carpet, but i was doin tha final sandin on it n thought bugger it rather jus put tha carpet str8 onto tha boot.

The sign is jus tha perspex base, with sum small mdf peices glued on tha sides like a wall, then a top peice of MDF with tha middle cut out of it, then u jus drape tha carpet over it and that forms tha shape for ya. tha signs just stuck to tha boot with sum good glue (didnt want to go drillin)

tha carpet was 18buks for 1x2meters and i jus bought a can of decent spray adhesive sprayed tha boot, then gradly draped tha carpet around, creating tha curves n **** i wanted. then with a VERY sharp blade went around and cut it runnin along the edges.

tha lighting in it has a neon connceted to my tail light loom so that wire was easy enough to run through tha rivets in tha boot, then a couple of leds which are connected up2 tha number plate lights in tha top of tha boot.
there all done so they turn on with my parkers/headlights.

Hope some of that made sense, i think i got sum pics of tha sign in tha boot b4 tha carpet went on, but there on my otha comp, so ill chuck em up nxt time

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
bend it? i assume u mean for tha top of tha boot were it goes into tha garnish and number plate...? i didnt bend it, i made a big peice for tha main area, and would have just made anotha peice for tha smaller section, but i just draped tha carpet over it (didnt use tha mdf underneath) and just pulled it and folded it to make tha curve i wanted, its a lil lumpy around that area, cause it goes from solid metal to big holes and that, but not tha noticable.

guss

Reaction score
Website
users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
VN Calais
nice ride, where can that carpet be bought from is it a marine/automotive carpet ??

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
thanks mate

tha carpet on tha boot is a really thin carpet (i wanted that cause i used tha thick automotive carpet for my amp rack, and uv got no chance of moulding that into tha shape) but i bought it from autopro, sh*t cheap, and u can get it in grey blak red blue, i duno wat other shops sell it but