Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VS Acclaim (Series II)

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
I think green would look pretty decent, if you picked the right shade.

I saw a mustard yellow VS the other day and I gagged.

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Yeah I reckon the back looks great debadged, even one of my 'ford' mates said he liked it haha, gonna put a glossy black one on bonnet though.
Anyway did some quick work on her today, polished the plenum, touched up some black and green inside and painted all of the green crap in the engine bay gloss black. The coil packs and strut brace connectors will be green, next weekend most likely.
Pics;

Green touchups
IMAG0239.jpg

Black recolour
IMAG0238.jpg

Bay now
IMAG0240.jpg

IMAG0241.jpg

Old bay for comparison:
IMAG0200.jpg

And Christine's (My partner's) Sonata :p
IMAG0245.jpg

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Looks great just like that mate. The red is just enough colour, and its very clean and tidy. The only things I would change now (unless you need to add extra plumbing in the future ;) ) are maybe to renew or paint the two reservoirs, or even find some shiny ones.. Maybe some red leads if you can get something suitable next time you replace them.

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Yeah reservoirs look pretty crap. Red doesn't match my theme though :(
I am thinking smooth silicon or aluminium piping for the air intake? and possibly spraying the blue leads green or black?

Thoughts on these?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-POWE...Accessories&hash=item231fdef949#ht_500wt_1180

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/COMMODOR...ccessories&hash=item1c1ff3182e#ht_2110wt_1163

Lol, $400
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/POWER-ST...ccessories&hash=item27c921733b#ht_2210wt_1396

Was also thinking MACE aluminium rocker covers?
Either that or painting mine black with green strips or vice versa

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Whats wrong with the cover thats on it? Looks pretty tidy to me, nice job.

The chrome pump reservoir is very nice, but wow its pricey too.. and remember it then becomes the shiniest thing in the engine bay, which means you will then need more chrome to even it up.... its an expensive trap :)

Honestly, if it were me, I'd be very happy with just the new plastic reservoirs and leave it at that. Red goes with green mate, no worries.. but I think it looks better than green under the bonnet. If you really want green though, just spray the red bits green and leave it at that. You could maybe then use black leads instead.

It looks very good the way it is mate. Clean and tidy, obviously an engine bay that is cared for. Thats what you want at this point. Until there is more to show off, like an intercooler :) then much more than that is probably a waste. Just my own taste, thats all :) Less is more.

I'd be avoiding painting things like leads. It wont work well, and it will look just plain tacky IMO.

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Yeah agreed about the leads. If anybody is keen on photoshopping the red parts green.it'll give me a better idea?
Same as the reservoirs, just gonna get the clear ones. Maybe later, ill get the chrome one.
As for the rocker covers I want them to subtly match the theme but true they do look fine, just need a better clean.
And finally black leads will be nice, ill tidy them up too and the bay should be very nice. Possible polish of the alternator later.

antondude

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim 2
Man that engine bay looks a **** load better, cleaned up and got rid of the small bits of green with clean black much neater mate

LOL @ $400 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its called making a box to go around it and shine it up.. it has been done before ill post the thread this guy does it and his engine bay is like bling bling here and there

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Haha yeah stuff $400 lol
Called MACE today and ordered my TB tune :)
Also got O2 sensors and fuel pump on the way.

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Was hoping for new power steering pump today but nope :(
Anyway better be tomorrow, should come with mace tune for TB.
Will be great to feel it running proper again haha. At the moment gears slip a lot and I sit at 2,000rpm from 30-70km/h haha constant variable trans style :p
Also sometimes semi-stalls while taking off, buut soon to be fixed

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Two packages at home, I wonder what they are :D hah
Decided I'm going to save my money - so I can repair anything that goes faulty on the car. Then when I get enough money I'll purchase all the.mods in a particular category. First on the list is getting the car running as good as possible, so a major service.
After that I plan on upgrading handling, being brakes and suspension.