Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VX Calais Turbo

Solid8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais LS1 Turbo
Thanks for the comments fellas :)

The fuel system I put in is an overkill for this setup. The only reason I put it in is because I was going to run the car on E85, but the government has banned its sale which stuffed my plan up lol. You can get a setup like this drive in drive out including an intank walbro fuel pump, siemens 60lb injectors, tune and everything else for about 7500-8000. The 50mm gate sounds nice and deep under boost lol.

I fitted this kit and tuned it myself, which saved on alot of costs. It drives smoother and quieter than it did before. Off boost, it is completely docile, quiet and smooth. On boost, it pulls real hard :)

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
Solid8 - Shane?
you had the vy sv8 before ?

very clean sleeper, nice and simple on the outside

Solid8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais LS1 Turbo
Solid8 - Shane?
you had the vy sv8 before ?

very clean sleeper, nice and simple on the outside

Hi mate,

Yes I am the one who used to have the SV8. You are Michaels mate right? Will be good to catch up with some of the old boys again soon!

vy_ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss hbd with a sunroof :)
nice shane didnt think you would take long till you put boost into her lol. ill b hitting you up for a tune soon you still keen to do it ??

Solid8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais LS1 Turbo
Yo mate! Its been a while since I caught up with you. Yeah for sure mate, let me know when you are ready for a tune and I will help you out :)

nice shane didnt think you would take long till you put boost into her lol. ill b hitting you up for a tune soon you still keen to do it ??

No you are not seeing things mate, no air filter at the moment. They are overrated and the intake sound is 100 times better without a filter lol :)

Nice setup dude, One question..are you not running a Air filter? Could be mistaken, i just cant see one?

Ben

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Awesome car... a true sleeper I recon!

Not sure that I can agree with "air filters are overrated"... unless you know something that every other car engineer and manufactured doesn't... :p

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
No you are not seeing things mate, no air filter at the moment. They are overrated and the intake sound is 100 times better without a filter lol :)

Your engine will go bang 100 times quicker though... I have to disagree with he overrated line. Why risk an obviously nice setup for a better "intake sound"... Seems illogical to me.

Each to their own. Good luck with that though.

Ben

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
yer, im Micks mate
everyone has seem to die off this year, too cold i reckon
bring on the summer time gatherings:)

personally i think Shane has a good idea on what he is doing with turbo set ups on ls motors
going by his old vy this one is mellow:p

so much planned in the future for the car? or if it happens it happens

Solid8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais LS1 Turbo
Aah just a bit of a joke about the air filter boys lmao. I am still looking for one that fits nicely in that gap there, thats why it doesnt have one on yet.

Yeah I am making up these as kits with a few improvements on the kit my VY used to run, so hopefully I can move a few :) Not going to do much with this VX, its more of a reserach car for now.

Mike, you dont go cruising at all anymore? I hear you had a little one not long ago, congrats mate!