Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VX Calais Turbo

vy_ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss hbd with a sunroof :)
when the mrs lets me just getting ahead with money then will be hitting u up for a tune

Adriianz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS
mate this thing is unreal. love sleepers! really good effort mate.

Solid8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais LS1 Turbo
Bit of an update on the car. I put a bigger turbo on today. It is the same size as a Garrett GT42 and is rated at around 1000hp. The trans will be getting replaced shortly with a decently built auto and suitable hi stall. The engine will remain stock until it blows up. The guy who now owns my old VY SV8 and myself are going to head to Heathcote shortly to see how our cars go. We will both be driving the cars over and racing them. His is making 405rwkw and I will dyno mine once I have had a chance to do some tuning on it and the new trans is installed. I havent had a chance to do any tuning with the new turbo on yet but here is a pic of the new unit installed

IMGP0989.jpg

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
As if you need more power Shane, lol. You should crack 350 now.

benjamino

needing some more undies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 6spd + 7psi
haha yea as if this car wanst awesome enough.

Solid8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais LS1 Turbo
Cheers fellas :)

It made 396rwkw with the small turbo, so the potential is there for much more. I decided to put the small turbo back on after driving with the big one for 2 days. The boost response was not good enough for me, so I decided the small one best suited my driving :) Here is a pic of the car:

IMGP0992.jpg

benjamino

needing some more undies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 6spd + 7psi
i cant help but ponder on how ppl must feel after they see the stock hieghted and rimmed vx calais then see it peeel off with 396rwkw worth of tire smoke.hahaha

defeinition of sleeper right here!ahah

SIG-054

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Senator Signature
Get a Highstall in, Problem solvered :) just dont get a circle d lol

Solid8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais LS1 Turbo
I hate the stock rims, but they are staying lol.

Hi stall research is currently under way. I have ruled out Dominator and now Circle D. I have been advised to go for either a TCE or Yankee unit. I have found a second hand built trans which I will grab soon and install a billet input shaft in it. Mine has survived very well, hasnt even got a cooler on it and I have never serviced it in the 25,000kms I have had the car. Seems to handle the power ok, just spins tyres in the lower gears but doesnt change 2nd to 3rd well at anything over half throttle, thats its only down fall. If I raced it with the stock trans and achieved good traction, I would say it would blow first run

weedo_86

JC Resident FireFighter
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
03 VYII Clubby M6, 92 Barina With Sunroof :)
how do you find the kit? ive looked on the website not much information... no fuel system i presume... still lookis like a nifty little kit none the less... easy to install??