Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my VX Ex Copper

Discussion in 'VT - VX - VU - WH - V2' started by ruggj, Mar 4, 2009.

1. anarklov3r

anarklov3r Member

Members Ride:
    2007 WM Caprice
    Where and how much did you get your Steering wheel adapter from? I'm probably going to need one when i rip out my stockie headunit once i get few up with it! hahaha

2. fatboy15

fatboy15 New Member

Members Ride:
    VT exec
    love the cluster. how much did that cost ya?

3. King_berald

King_berald Member

Members Ride:
    VX Berlina Wagon
    hey man...lookin awesome as now dude....i reckon you gotta color code your silver dash bit to the same color as the seats...then it will look complete.....good work man

4. ruggj

ruggj .

Members Ride:
    VX Exec 01
    it cost me $150, as it is now, already painted etc.

cheers

5. ruggj

ruggj .

Members Ride:
    VX Exec 01
    I was thinking about it, but not too sure, the colour doesn't look that bad against it in my opinion, but in saying that it's definitely not the best colour to match it with, i'm just too lazy to respray it at the moment lol.

6. ruggj

ruggj .

Members Ride:
    VX Exec 01
    small update:

So i wanted a chrome handbrake button, after looking on ebay, i ended up buying a leather gear selector, with the surround and chrome button, and power and traction control buttons (even though i dont have traction control :D), and a leather handbrake with a chrome button.

So i ditched the old gear and put this in, also ditched the woodgrain, which was for another little project i was going to do, but realised it would probably just look crap so now its the normal colour again :)

Also about the weird angles of the pictures, i was trying to avoid the big mess on the floor in front of the passengers seat, but you can still see it lol, basically we are doing renovations and it's been easier to get junk food lol

Attached Files:

7. ruggj

ruggj .

Members Ride:
    VX Exec 01
    got some new tires put on today, haven't had a chance to test them out or anything, but so glad i changed them when i did, the old tires were ****ed! one the rears was showing a bit of wire and the other had the tiniest bit of tread on them.

I knew they had needed changing for months but never got around to it, as soon as the tires reached a point, they stopped gripping in the wet big time and just lost the rest of the tread because they were spinning so much, so yeah, it was time to buy new tires lol.

So i'm thinking i'm going to try and keep modifying the car at a low at the moment, next thing thats happening is new headlights and highbeams, and then i think i'll stop for a while (but knowing me, there will be lots of small things that i will still do lol).

8. ruggj

ruggj .

Members Ride:
    VX Exec 01
    so bit of an update. i know i said i'd keep modifying the car at a low but yeah i can't help it lol.

Just a few little things at the moment have been done.
    Steering wheel controls, i got covers for the 2 bottom buttons (they had broken off, seems pretty common because it was hard to find buttons with the bottom covers on at the wreckers). Also finally got my tacho to work, turned out to be the balancer in the needle was missing, so got a needle from the wreckers and put the balancer in my needle, actually gives me an accurate reading now instead of being 1000rpm off (well, yeah i think its accurate anyways lol), looks less dodgy now lol.

VY Sunglasses holder, thanks to anarklov3r who put them in for me.

Boot lid carpet (the picture shown is actually of anarklov3rs car, didn't have a pic on my phone at the time)

SS Headlights, got them today, thanks to BoganV8
    (can anyone spot the smiley face in one of the pictures of the lights lol)

and yes, the car is filthy in all these photos, it's been raining all week i've been dying to wash it all week.

I reckon it all looks wicked now. Been seriously thinking of an SS body kit and calais rear garnish.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  9. BOGANV8

BOGANV8 I gotta V8 whoot whoot

Members Ride:
    VX 02 SS LS1
    Cant spot the smiley face but good to see my lights are being used again they look really good on the car

10. King_berald

King_berald Member

Members Ride:
    VX Berlina Wagon
    looks sick man.....smiley face is bottom of the bumper on the right lol....

go the body kit man!! we will spray it up!! itll look heaps good...

11. ruggj

ruggj .

Members Ride:
    VX Exec 01
    I'm seriously considering it man, calais rear garnish and vx ss kit.
    If i find something the right price i'll do it, otherwise i'll just spray up the skirts

so a little update...

New front speakers: Alpine Type R Splits
    and a new Alpine 1100w Monoblock amp for the sub.

Sounds wicked now, the splits really make a good difference, and i like the fact that because of where the tweeters are mounted (in the stock spot on the top of the dash next to the demisters :D), it sounds how it should be, with the sound pointed at you not away from you.

Can't decide what i'm going to do with my old speakers now and amp, as i wanted to put the speakers i had in the front in the rear doors as there are no speakers in there at the moment, just 6 x 9s on the parcel shelf, but i really reckon it sounds good enough now that i don't need to bother.

12. ruggj

ruggj .

Members Ride:
    VX Exec 01
    well it's been a while, not much has happened, after having heaps of power issues we found it to be the battery, so i replaced it with one of those gel batteries.

also i put in some berlina/ calais rear map reading lights, with anarklov3r's help.
    Really lights up the back now, there's sooooo much light in the car now it's awesome.

Next mods are, VX series 2 black dash pad to match the VY door trims, and i'll be changing all the globes i possibly can on the dash. so air con cluster, dash cluster, gear selector, all the buttons etc. the majority of them will be white, can't wait, half my globes are dead lol.

Attached Files:

13. ruggj

ruggj .

Members Ride:
    VX Exec 01
    Gave her a wash today, it had been a while, damn rain and birds. So i thought I may as well upload them lol :) The exhaust tip finally got a shine up too lol, it had gotten pretty bad and i always forgot to wash it lol. I'm thinking the exhaust tip sits way too low, I might need to raise it up a bit.

Attached Files:

14. rch-13z

rch-13z Former Photoshop Whore

Members Ride:
    VT Exec
    love it mate, haven't been in here for ages..... all the additions really do make the car!

15. ruggj

ruggj .

Members Ride:
    VX Exec 01
    Cheers mate :)

Little update, i changed the dash pad to a series 2 anthracite (black) pad. Looks heaps better already. Although i still have a few little things to change, I'll put up some photos when its all complete and all the same colour again lol.

I've been finally putting all my options down for lowering the car. I'm thinking i might put a VX Series 2 or VY Rear end on it, so i don't have to worry about camber problems, as i've heard camber kits only really help the problem, not solve it, the series 2 and later are supposed to greatly help the problem so i might do that, new lower shocks and maybe king springs SL's all around, although i'm still even considering going just a tiny bit lower than that in the rear. Whatever i do, i'm going to have a good think about as i want to do it once and never have to touch it, i don't want it to be at an illegal height either so i'll see what meets the law and what doesn't.

16. ruggj

ruggj .

Members Ride:
    VX Exec 01
    Almost finished with the anthracite dash. I'm just looking for a few little bits and pieces and it's done. I'll post some before and after pictures when it's all finished :)

17. sprocket

sprocket New Member

Members Ride:
    VT Exec SII
    Nice rig! Where and how much did ya get the leather setup for? Looks sweet!
    Cheers!

18. ruggj

ruggj .

Members Ride:
    VX Exec 01
    Cheers mate, the leather cost me $800 from a wrecker. It's not in the best condition, got marks here and there, and drivers seats pretty worn, but its expensive as its not a common colour, but that $800 got me chrome door handles, all 4 door trims with the leather in it, and the leather seats, being calais seats they are fully electric aswell.

19. ruggj

ruggj .

Members Ride:
    VX Exec 01
    so some updates. Half way through my dash conversion, just looking for the last little bits and pieces to finish off the job. also i've got some springs together and i'm finally lowering the car. The rears have already been put in, i also have the fronts, probably put them in on the weekend. For now i have put stockies on the back until i sort out the camber, figured i dont really care about the tires that are on there so they can get camber wear for all i care. The rears are superlows, but my driveway makes the right side of the car always look lower :D

I've also put in some adjustable seat belts, and i'm borrowing my brothers Alpine Type R sub until he finds himself a new car :) I'm also borrowing my mates VR acclaim hubcaps, as my exec ones are filthy atm, and so were my stockies, these were cleaner, so now they are on :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  20. PaulSV6

PaulSV6 CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw

Members Ride:
    VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
    Looks the goods mate. Love it!