Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VY executive

ALL-STOCK-VY

Count Your Blessings
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
upsetting news :( couldnt get the headunit out so had to just run the wires then drive to an auto shop nd pay 10 bucks for them to remove it for me.. but all the wires for the sub are in and its gettin finished on monday.. so pictures should be up later that day.. all my neon and switches are in the post and hopefully will arrive soon, and they will be installed the minute they arrive :)

ditched the idea about the green leather in door.. its to hard to work at and basically i just cbf lol all thats left for interior is seat covers and then thats it... for i bit.. i think lol.

Saving for exhaust and rims :)

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman International
looks nice and clean and a good colour

ALL-STOCK-VY

Count Your Blessings
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
Hey guys just a quick update... sub and hu are in and it sounds great.. only problem is we couldnt get the atenna to work... couldnt find the colour wire that everyone was talking about :/ and..... its the wrong colour green :'( hopefully it will look better once neons go in, if not then.... i dunno :/ it will piss me off forever lol

speaking on neons.... currently trying to locate Vz traction control blanks (the bit that sits in the center console) switches or noen will be put in there... still waiting on heaps of stuff from ebay :( hurry up aussie post.

urrmmm what else.... car needs a clean a bit dirty :/ will probli take pictures soon after that... trying to convice a mate to let me use his electric buffer to cut nd polish and get a few minor scratches out..

tails to be tinted on the asap... low on cash atm and car needs a service and rego :/ radiator need flushing the coolant it heaps dirty.. (anyone know what causes this ?)

and yeah... hope you guys are enjoying my thread even tho its **** lol... ill fix it one day

ALL-STOCK-VY

Count Your Blessings
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
Wow seems like ages since ive been online, all the neon from ebay has come and the switch set up is ready and hopefully will be in in a couple weeks, tail lights also to be tinted in the following weeks. chrome stripping is comming in the mail for the front grill and side door mould thingys and mabi the something to do with the number plate surround.

interior is almost finished a few minor paint jobs where its flaking and seat covers then onto the exterior and engine ;)

main things are:

Exhaust
s pack front bar
drop it on its ass
rims
mace intake
mabi bigger thottle body

see how the cash goes, hopefully after i cut and polish will get some good pictures :)

ALL-STOCK-VY

Count Your Blessings
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
well.. mods will be on hold for a while, went to get coolant flushed and changed, the mechanic had a look and somehow my engine oil was gettin into the coolant so he guessed it was the gaskets so got quoted $650.. then got a call a couple hours saying that the intake manifold was pitted and that was the problem and had to be send away and re machined... so that brings the total to $900 but even better.. i expected the car back today but got a call an hr ago.. they have found another problem but dont know what it is... oh joy!

Mods will start up again soon... hopefully i was looking forward to my front bar :'(

danieLOL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
unlucky with everything going wrong with it..

looks like you got yourself a nice clean car to start with other than the engine :(

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Honestly, go get another motor for $350 and just go through and change all the gaskets and **** on it.. Alot cheaper. Just more time.. Well not much more.

The oil in coolant (happened to me also) is the inlet manifold gaskets, as stated. But then i dunno about it needing machining and ****.. Didn't you go in there to get the gasket done and stop it leaking, not for a while machine job?

Dan VS 231

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Senator
Wait what? Its more than likely the lower intake manifold gaskets that have gone. It happens on all emotecs and Mace have in stock an alloy version of these to replace the plastic stock version.

ALL-STOCK-VY

Count Your Blessings
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
I have no idea where the #### the intake manifold is lol... and it doesnt say if its lower or upper manifold on the sheet thingy i got back... when they pulled apart the engine it was just for a gasket change but when actually did it, the gaskets were fine but the lip / edge that the gaskets sits on was pitted because the pervious owner used tap water not coolant and it like corroded and pitted, anyway.. they sent it to an engineer who pressure tested it ect.. it was soo bad that he had to lay runs of weld along it to machine / face the manifold.. nd then they changed over all the gaskets anyway because they said they were old... (i recon just coz they wanted a bit of extra cash coz they originally said they wernt damaged) but at this point i just wanted my car back lol