Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VY executive

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
you could have bought a 2nd hand lower intake manifold for cheaper than that! dodgy mechanics

ALL-STOCK-VY

Count Your Blessings
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
im not that mechanically savy, i love cars but im only just gettin into the mechanics at the start of the year i didnt know anything..

im keen to get straight back into mods with a little headlight colour change.. sick of yellow / wee colour light lol
and tinted tails.

can someone with a greater knowlege then me of head lights for commies gimi a hand dunno what to buy.. im just looking for a bright white with a tiny tiny tiny hint of blue to compliment the car..

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
6000k bulbs have a tint of blue and are bright as fk.. that being said I would want them for my car, but they blind everyone.

ALL-STOCK-VY

Count Your Blessings
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
cheers, ended up going with blue plus 90 NARVA kit.. of H4 and H1 globes.. guys at autobarn helped heaps nd made sure i kept legal.. lol pics will be up soon, gona put them in later tonight nd make sure i aim them proplery so i dont blind people lol hopefully it looks good :/ more expencive then i thought but... should be good :) pics soon!

ALL-STOCK-VY

Count Your Blessings
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
im quite the unlucky person.. i tried changing over the parkers first and didnt click the globe in correctly so when i put the like.. socket back into place.. the globe fell out and is now stuck in the little hole thing.. fml :/ so will have be taking the front bar off and pulling out the headlights... to make everything just that little bit easier.. i have big hands :(

only thing is.. im not exactly sure how the front bar comes off and how the headlights come out.. ill look on here for a guide and just cross my fingers, if anyone knows how or knows a guide or whatever would be greatly appreciated :)

danieLOL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
im quite the unlucky person.. i tried changing over the parkers first and didnt click the globe in correctly so when i put the like.. socket back into place.. the globe fell out and is now stuck in the little hole thing.. fml :/ so will have be taking the front bar off and pulling out the headlights... to make everything just that little bit easier.. i have big hands :(

only thing is.. im not exactly sure how the front bar comes off and how the headlights come out.. ill look on here for a guide and just cross my fingers, if anyone knows how or knows a guide or whatever would be greatly appreciated :)

hahahahaha the exact same thing happened to me, biggest pain in the ass

theres screws under each of the wheel arch and obviously the grill too - thats how the front bar comes out then theres i think 3 or 4 bolts that secure the lights in place, one on either side from memory and one behind - the ones behind are really hard to get to and you may have to remove your battery if its that side but i seemed to get around it and not make more work for myself lol good luck

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
hahahahaha the exact same thing happened to me, biggest pain in the ass

theres screws under each of the wheel arch and obviously the grill too - thats how the front bar comes out then theres i think 3 or 4 bolts that secure the lights in place, one on either side from memory and one behind - the ones behind are really hard to get to and you may have to remove your battery if its that side but i seemed to get around it and not make more work for myself lol good luck

LOL I did the same thing also, but i had a long set of pliers .. well two of them.. took a while but FK taking off the bar.

ALL-STOCK-VY

Count Your Blessings
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
well now atleast i dont feel so stupid..

i actually did something right for the first time!! i took the bar off within 20 mins and had all the lights tested and adjusted within the hour.. then just put the bar back on.. i would recomend doing to because it is far easier then ####ing around trying to fit ur big hands into tiny places lol

all is well now will put pick up tomoz coz its now 2 oclock in morning and i really cbf lol cheers for all the help guys..

update on mods ect...

#### all will be happening soon lol apart from tinted tails and then saving for exhaust.. tyres still have plenty of tread so not even comtemplating rims.. and i cant make up my mind which ones i want anyway.. ve supersports in black mabi.. who knows.. 150k service due soon.. i just love spending money on the car :/

ALL-STOCK-VY

Count Your Blessings
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
yeah front bar was soo easy to get off lol