Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VZ CALAIS!!!

showxpony

Reaction score
Members Ride
Redline SSV
hey mate! its calais190 from ls1 haha.. your thread here is the same as over there! good to see your so proud of your car! I love reading your thread.

Fishman88

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais 190KW A5 CHE TUNED
hey mate! its calais190 from ls1 haha.. your thread here is the same as over there! good to see your so proud of your car! I love reading your thread.

Hey mate!! Thanx! Ye my thread is exactly same as LS1 just copy n paste !! Anything new on ur car??

showxpony

Reaction score
Members Ride
Redline SSV
Hey mate!! Thanx! Ye my thread is exactly same as LS1 just copy n paste !! Anything new on ur car??

Yeah just been playing with the suspension for the past few weeks. First I ordered super low kings with the Monroe gt lowered shocks. That wasn't low enough IMO, the car sat flat but the front looked too high for the rear. So I changed the fronts to one step lower, being ultra low. And now the front sits perfectly but the back looks the same at the arch, which is flush. Now the problem is the car sits a little too much on an angle toward the front! Reminds me of a drag car lol. So in went ahead and bought ultra lows for the rear lol. I'm hoping after all this it will sit perfect. I figure, if I'm going to lower it, it has to be perfect. Suprisingly camber wasn't an issue, it's barely changed, it may be worse with the ultras but i doubt it. Best thing has been the new shocks, it takes out almost all the roll. The car sits a lot flatter through the turns and goes through round abouts much easier too. I'd say it's the best mod I've done. And it's barely a harsher ride then it was before. Once u go to 19s from the factory alloys, you feel all the bumps anyway i rekon. But hopefully now I'm finished. I was going to change interior lights like you did but I don't have the cash ATM lol, spent it on the springs. What's next for you?

Fishman88

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah just been playing with the suspension for the past few weeks. First I ordered super low kings with the Monroe gt lowered shocks. That wasn't low enough IMO, the car sat flat but the front looked too high for the rear. So I changed the fronts to one step lower, being ultra low. And now the front sits perfectly but the back looks the same at the arch, which is flush. Now the problem is the car sits a little too much on an angle toward the front! Reminds me of a drag car lol. So in went ahead and bought ultra lows for the rear lol. I'm hoping after all this it will sit perfect. I figure, if I'm going to lower it, it has to be perfect. Suprisingly camber wasn't an issue, it's barely changed, it may be worse with the ultras but i doubt it. Best thing has been the new shocks, it takes out almost all the roll. The car sits a lot flatter through the turns and goes through round abouts much easier too. I'd say it's the best mod I've done. And it's barely a harsher ride then it was before. Once u go to 19s from the factory alloys, you feel all the bumps anyway i rekon. But hopefully now I'm finished. I was going to change interior lights like you did but I don't have the cash ATM lol, spent it on the springs. What's next for you?

Looks like u went through alot hassle and $$ to get the right height haha thats why i left mine stock for now..I was looking at changing shocks too to KONI ones or something really gud!! but need some $$$$$$. Changing from 17" to 19" i felt a difference not a whole lot but definitely bumpier. Next for me is HSV Airbox and HSV exhaust and many more stuff if i have $$$$ hahaha

RESERVED

Reaction score
Members Ride
---
Easily one of the best calais' i have ever seen. i think that white walls would really set it off though :p

Fishman88

Reaction score
Members Ride
Easily one of the best calais' i have ever seen. i think that white walls would really set it off though :p

Cheers mate!! just worried that whitewalls will pop my tyres while driving as i seen on another forum!! Nice car urself too mate!!

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
Nice VZ you got there mate. You have to love the extra midrange power after a CHE VCM tune. I thinking about chucking some extractors on mine and getting the tune tweaked so i can crack the 200RWHP mark, im at 193RWHP atm.

Fishman88

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nice VZ you got there mate. You have to love the extra midrange power after a CHE VCM tune. I thinking about chucking some extractors on mine and getting the tune tweaked so i can crack the 200RWHP mark, im at 193RWHP atm.

Cheers mate!! hope u can crack that 200RWHP mark. Ye the midrange is pretty aweseome!! haha

SWEETVS

Custom VS Commodore
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
96' VS Executive
Hey mate love what youve done to the Calais. Im looking at a Silver VZ Calais soon too. I love the way the black rims look with the silver paint. Those LED's actually look pretty good. At first when i read about them i was a bit unsure as to how good they'd look. But from the pics they look pretty good. Nice work.