Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

.:*SWEET VS*:. Modified 96' VS Executive

SWEETVS

Custom VS Commodore
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
96' VS Executive
Hey guys thought id post up my car for ya's to have a look at. Ive just bought a new bodykit for it which will be going on soon enough (few minor repairs to be done).

Here are the specs on the car.

IDIOTBOARD2update.jpg

IDIOTBOARD2copy.jpg

S5006610burnt.jpg

S5006872.jpg

S5005746frescocopy-2.jpg

Image140.jpg

Image138.jpg

Boot Setup
Image129.jpg

Image127.jpg

Interior (half done with every grey bit soon to be black around the green)
S5006739.jpg

S5006744.jpg

S5006732.jpg

S5006746.jpg

S5006751.jpg

S5006754.jpg

S5006734.jpg

S5006667.jpg

S5006665.jpg

S5006659.jpg

Bodykit
VT Clubby front bar
Image0084.jpg

VS Clubby side skirts
Image008-1.jpg

trial fitted to the car
Image029.jpg

SS rear skirt
Image007-2.jpg

Please let me know what you think. cheers

SSGEN-3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II, VT SS II
Nice ride mate. Interior should look good once its finished. What sort of paint are you using to paint the dash? The roof lining and door trim inserts are interesting, did you do any of the interior work yourself? Keep up the hard work :thumbsup:

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Interior looks good mate, but ditch those tail light lenses IMO, but each to their own. Your car would look much cleaner and tidyer without them.

SWEETVS

Custom VS Commodore
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
96' VS Executive
Nice ride mate. Interior should look good once its finished. What sort of paint are you using to paint the dash? The roof lining and door trim inserts are interesting, did you do any of the interior work yourself? Keep up the hard work :thumbsup:

Cheers dude. The paint i used for the interior is just plastic paint that i got from work. (we use it on the mirrors we make for all the major car manufacturers). Glad you like it and yeah i did all the interior work myself with a little help from a mate.

Interior looks good mate, but ditch those tail light lenses IMO, but each to their own. Your car would look much cleaner and tidyer without them.

Cheers mate yeah i was a little annoyed with the tail lights at first but ive gotten used to them and actually dont miund them on the car now. like ya said each to their own. but cheers for the feedback, much appreciated. ill post more pics up of recent mods when i get a chance.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
cars got alot of potential.
just gotta lower it a few inchs
rip off the audio brand stickers (not a good idea to let people know what there is in the boot to knock off)
personally id change the tail lights to the S2 with the clear side lense but each to their own as cobez said.
stage 2 shift kit with 3.7 LSD and u'll have some fun in the wet with it.

SWEETVS

Custom VS Commodore
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
96' VS Executive
cars got alot of potential.
just gotta lower it a few inchs
rip off the audio brand stickers (not a good idea to let people know what there is in the boot to knock off)
personally id change the tail lights to the S2 with the clear side lense but each to their own as cobez said.
stage 2 shift kit with 3.7 LSD and u'll have some fun in the wet with it.

Cheers. Yeah the rear im happy with the height atm and the front i wanna lower a bit more but.... im putting my VT clubby front on soon and im not wanting it to scrape on the driveway as its quite steep. so i may end up leaving it the way it is until i can see whether or not its gonna be an issue. yeah that fusion sticker will be coming off sometime in the next coupla days anyways its all faded and ****ty looking. i thought about new taillights but i really cant be bothered with them so yeah ill be keeping the altezza's but cheers for the feedback. The stage 2 kit will be installed when i get my trans serviced next so it can be done all in one go. and yeah a 3.7 LSD would be mad fun but only when i can afford to get it done. cheers

SWEETVS

Custom VS Commodore
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
96' VS Executive
*UPDATE*
well ive ditched the VT clubby front and VS Clubby sides and gone with the much better/conservative looking SS lip/skirts instead. I managed to score a genuine front skirt and sides for under $100 and the only non genuine part is the rear skirt. Will be getting the paint organised in the next week or so now then spraying it all and chucking it on. Oh and if anyone has any cheap calais chrome grills they dont need or know of anyone selling some please let me know. I sold my old ones when i replaced my front bar with the VT ones. Wish i didnt as theyre now obsolete....... ive looked on ebay and the ones on there are in shitty condition. Im also looking for a set of VS calais front seats so i can retrim em to match my rear seat. I also managed to get my mate chris to get me some chrome exterior handles which will be going on within the next few days. Im finally getting round to tinting the rear quarter window (with the calais chrome stripping) so i can chuck them on to finish off the window surrounds. Its all coming along quite nicely now. Ive finally gotten motivated again its great :)

heres the skirts and chrome handles.
Image030-7.jpg

2457728_127_full.jpg

Tonight myself and Todd (VT6) did a mini photo shoot of our cars down at the new underground carpark at Hallet Cove shopping centre. This is one of the many pics i will be posting in the next day or two of whats been done to the car. Hope ya's like it. Cheers

Image002sweetvs.jpg

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International
Ahh... this reminds me of the VS i was supposed to get :(

it was written off a week before I was supposed to take her home.. aww

looks great! I always loved that green on the VS... its so.. classy! and just.. awesome, chrome door handles will look great

nice height, love the vy ss rims, dont see them around as much anymore ive noticed, but they look great

Im not really a fan of painted interiors.. but i think it would look pretty special when youve got all the grey bits black.. cant wait to see

body kit looks good too by the way, although i reckon the vs is pretty sexy just stock.. they have a great 'sleeper' look to them

SWEETVS

Custom VS Commodore
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
96' VS Executive
cheers mate glad ya like it. the pics above of the interior are now WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY outdated as ive changed the colour to more of a candy green and everything is now black (green highlights). All the vinyl parts are dyed using VHT vinyl dye. the leather seats are black. the glovebox, radio surround, drivers side fuse panel (under steering wheel) and centre console are now covered in black suede. the roof is still the same as well as the door trim inserts. I have a calais roof lining im working on a custom design with vz ss sunnies holder too. All that needs doing to finish off now is the c pillars and parcel shelf. A and B pillars are also sueded. Carpet has also been dyed black now too. Pics wiull be up later on when i get more time. Cheers