Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VZ monaro

barbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Monaro CV8
very nice car mate, your doing well for your self

Thanks mate, ive been lucky, well very lucky compared to you, it needs a bit of things here and there, like i want to fix up all the stone chips on the front bumper stuff but i can live with it for the time being as i dont have cash at the moment

vr_owner

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 3.8lt executive
hey mate nice car. but i would leave it standard. my boss modified his 6 speed with an exhaust and cai and got a mafless tune i think it was,
it pulls 250rwkw dont know if anythign else was done. but his has only done 38xxxkms and he said that because its not a stock monaro resale is less.

VZWPN

13.31 @ 106.7mph
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
I'd just give her a maf tune if your worried about the resale issues. Personally I wouldn't worry about modifying it aslong as you keep all the original parts like exhaust for example so you can return her to original state if need be. I'm sure a tune isn't going to bother anybody :)

barbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Monaro CV8
I'd just give her a maf tune if your worried about the resale issues. Personally I wouldn't worry about modifying it aslong as you keep all the original parts like exhaust for example so you can return her to original state if need be. I'm sure a tune isn't going to bother anybody :)

yea i thinking about a sureflo cat back, the 2 hole mod and a maf tune or something along those lines, just minor stuff because im not going to drag it, or go for horsepower heros or anything like that

nEb.

Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VY II Acclaim
got a side shot of the calais with the superlows? - just a point of interest

but yeah man that monaro would be one hell of a ride :D

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
Talk about an impulse buy, go down to the shops, buy a Munro then come back, bloody expensive shop eh? lol :D. I envy you, you bastard :p

P.S. ya got a good attitude at your age regarding the ricers/street racing, very good to see :) respect!

barbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Monaro CV8
Talk about an impulse buy, go down to the shops, buy a Munro then come back, bloody expensive shop eh? lol :D. I envy you, you bastard :p

P.S. ya got a good attitude at your age regarding the ricers/street racing, very good to see :) respect!

haha, thanks. The way i see it is i can't afford to get busted speeding/ racing when i have nothing to prove and the cops look enough when im just going down the street...

My Monaro has a new Friend. a Devil Yellow one, but that ones a little special compaired to mine :bow: can anyone guess why??

Attachments

• mon1.jpg
    mon1.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 283
  • mon2.jpg
    mon2.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 266
  • mon3.jpg
    mon3.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 265
  • mon4.jpg
    mon4.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 255
  • mon5.jpg
    mon5.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:

barbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Monaro CV8
got a side shot of the calais with the superlows? - just a point of interest

but yeah man that monaro would be one hell of a ride :D

hey this is about the best i can do, cant seem to find many photos of the calais anymore!

ones be edited so you can sorta see where tyre sits in line with the guard. after the springs settled the tyre was inline with the guard with 17s if that helps

Attachments

• calais01.jpg
    calais01.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 228
  • calais02.jpg
    calais02.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:

barbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Monaro CV8
lovely car mate, would be sweet with just the exhaust...

can i borrow your bonnet for the next 5-10 years? I'll return it I sware

thanks mate, sorry but the bonnet is too happy where it is and wont be going anywhere :whistling