Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My wl caprice l@@k

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
Anyone here used the MACE tune?
Iv also been wanting to get a tune after I done the CPR6 manifold, along with the cold air intake, underdrive pully kit, extractors, hi flow cats, xforce catback, 3.9LSD to get the most out of them.
Anyone on here had there alloytec tuned somewhere in Melbourne and is happy with it?
Or
Anyone here used the MACE tune?
Cost $575
The link
http://www.maceengineering.com.au/epages/shop.mobile/en_AU/?ObjectPath=/Shops/mace/Products/COMP621

MACE recalibrated PCM to suit VZ-VE MY07 V6 Alloytecs

KEY BENEFITS
Average 10rwkW power gains
Fuel economy improvements
Improved throttle response
Easy 15-minute DIY installation

WHY
Done all of the bolt on mods you can do and still want more power, or want to clear an annoying error code due to installing high flow cats? Then this cost effective upgrade is for you

WHAT
Each PCM is recalibrated to suit your specific engine and mods (within reason). All you need to do is fill out the supplied form and send off your computer for us to recalibrate accordingly. Once your PCM is recalibrated, it’s then posted off via Australia Post Platinum Express for speedy safe delivery

Horsepower gains vary between different models, fuels and the condition of your particular engine. Generally though, average gains of around 10rwkw are common

Fuel economy gains will also vary between different models and the condition of your engine. Our conservative estimate is an extra 30 to 50kms to a tank, but we would expect up to 100kms extra in some models under certain driving conditions.

The bottom line is that you WILL experience a performance gain and fuel saving with our PCM, even on a stock standard unmodified Commodore.

HOW
Our performance PCMs feature recalibrated fuel, ignition and cam timing parameters, meaning that your engine will be efficient at making power, and improving fuel economy

By adjusting these maps within the program of your Commodore’s PCM, we fix the mass-production compromises Holden originally made, unlocking more power across the rev range and providing better fuel economy.

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
Replaced my stock tweeters, as one of them weren't working, so i got myself a pair of Black Air Vibe silk dome tweeters.
So far they seem pretty good.
3a6fb028-d371-c6ff.jpg

3a6fb028-d49c-219d.jpg

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
Well next thing I'm really keen on doing is the bonnet scoops.
I either wana go for the E3 or the Monaro scoops.
I'm leaning more towards the E3.
What do u guys rekon?
31b0037c-b748-8e45.jpg

Or
31b0037c-b806-b47a.jpg

Cheapest Iv found so far is around $1200 for the whole thing done.
Anyone else knows somewhere cheaper?

Here are a few photoshopped pics of my car with the E3 bonnet scoops.
(credits to GEM 13B) legend.

Throw your opinions at me good or bad, let me know what you think. :)
Cheers
Dave.

31b0030e-e5c4-5f5d.jpg

31b0030e-e5e6-b369.jpg

31b0030e-e600-8286.jpg

SKDSLT

Reaction score
Members Ride
On the hunt!!

As for the sensors, i havent found anyone who can get them to work again. :( :( Very upset.
i went back to autobarn where i had the headunit instatlled but they said they arent working because they had to bypass the stock amplifier to get sound coming out of the new headunit and that they dont know how to make both of them work at the same time

If anyone has had this happen to them or know how i can fix it or who i can go to in the South Eastern suberbs can you please help me out with any advice. Thanks :) [/B]

1) IMO, the reason why they dont work anymore is because Autobarn installed the H/U! I wouldn't even let them touch my pushy!
2) They can still be used/hooked up with a aftermarket H/U, they did in my sisters Caprice with an aftermarket H/U...

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
I'll never get anything installed there again wasn't happy with the service. :(

Anyway after attempting to fix the sensors for the 8th time since it happend it turned out to be a 2 mins fix at $20.
It was the little speaker in the front right kick panel was screeewwwwd.
All good now, nice and irritating when I park in the garage. Lol

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
Well got abit of an update. :D
I finally got the chance to throw this babii on the Dyno. Woohoo
I'm pretty happy with the result cause I thought it was gonna be 20kw less.
It ended up putting out 139.7RWKW
We"ll round that up to the nearest decimal to 140 cause it sounds Nd looks better. :p

It could have been pushed a little bit more but I freaked out cause Iv never seen my car in such high rpms.

Here are a few pics.
5aje3yqu.jpg

3emybune.jpg

etujyqa3.jpg

Hmm I still want that tune done.