Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My16

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
Looks similar to Atomic. Let's hope they recreate Poison Ivy before the end of the VFs.

I had a Poison Ivy SV6 and wanting to go for an SS, the other half says no way unless you can get a Poison Ivy SS. I found one with good Km's and a fair price, so we now have a Poison Ivy SS. Looking further ahead when the VE is getting a bit old, I suspect I will eventually get a VF. If they did Poison Ivy again would be great. A salesman at a Holden dealer told me Poison Ivy was discontinued because of a copyright type problem, that meant Holden could not continue the colour - don't know if it's true, but that's what I was told. Personally I'm not that keen on the VF from the exterior point of view, but the interior is far better than a VE.

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
I don't know it all sounds a bit much for a car with little time left. I can believe the minor front and rear restyle, as thats a Holden thing to do when a car gets around the age of the VF, but the bonnet vents I would have to see to believe. The aluminium bonnet doesn't have vents, not because HSV for one didn't want them, but the cost and issues with structural integrity precluded them on VF launch. Now we are to believe that not only is all that solved, but its cost effective enough to whack on every SS out the door. Doesn't add up to me. Same with the extra high tech exhaust. It sounds like over kill for OEM. I can believe the V8's will get a revised exhaust with some improvements to sound, given this is a big criticism to the current cars, but the whole three stage thing, sounds way overdone for an OEM SS Commodore.

Why would the car need wider tyres and why would Holden throw on 20" wheels as standard when the LS3 is on its own, enough of a reason for many to buy/upgrade? Holden isn't in the business of throwing kit on these cars and spending the cash, beyond what they need to do to make sales.

My guess is if there is any real truth to this story, it might be test mules that incorporate changes and ideas for the HSV range and in the case of exhaust and bonnet scoops, the Chev SS too. Some of this might make it onto various cars in the Commodore range, but not all of it and certainly not all on the SS range.

I pretty much agree with your sentiments, but with the 20" wheels they are already putting them on the "Lightning" Editions, minor sheet metal changes may well happen given the age of the VE - VF series. The VF has been out nearly 2 years and there should be 2.5 years left in it yet, so minor sheet metal is a possibility. The Brembos they may decide to do, but no doubt the price will reflect, but then if you can get them on a base SS then they may loose some Redline sales, same goes with the Varex type exhaust etc. maybe yes, but you'll pay for it and I'm doubtful they would want the base cars to eat into SSV or Redline sales. In one respect, I can't see them putting in a 6.2 unless there is distinction to HSV. On the other hand Ford has the XR8 with better power than the 6.0 Holden, so from that point of the 6.2 might help pull some sales from Ford. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Comfal

Reaction score
I wonder what the chances are they will put the new LGX 3.6 into the VF Commodore before it dies.

My guess is unfortunately it will not happen but it would be a great send off for the Commodore to have the 6.2 V8 and the 3.6 LGX.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Why wish for an old LS3 - it's indistinguishable in almost every way from the current L77. #### that for a retrograde foreign product dump, an L99 is better but both nowhere near Gen V.
LT1. That is all.

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
Why wish for an old LS3 - it's indistinguishable in almost every way from the current L77. #### that for a retrograde foreign product dump, an L99 is better but both nowhere near Gen V.
LT1. That is all.

You have a way with words - a poet is at the centre of your soul. :tease:

Cruzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV
Just came across this online.

"MY16 pilot models are coming down the line at the moment, with all V8's having the 6.2L in them. There will be a special model available in 2016 it will be called the Reserved Edition but will only be available to Holden Employees (so if you know someone who works at GMH you may be in luck). It will be based on the SV6 & SSV Models coming with the 6.2L as standard & have every option available on it e.g heated SSV style seats with 3 memory position"

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
How many employees will they have left by that time?

Comfal

Reaction score
Just came across this online.

"MY16 pilot models are coming down the line at the moment, with all V8's having the 6.2L in them. There will be a special model available in 2016 it will be called the Reserved Edition but will only be available to Holden Employees (so if you know someone who works at GMH you may be in luck). It will be based on the SV6 & SSV Models coming with the 6.2L as standard & have every option available on it e.g heated SSV style seats with 3 memory position"

Did they observe any changes to the body even though I know it will only be small changes? Maybe when they say the reserved edition is for "Holden Employees" it will be for dealership employees as well as the factory employees.

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
I hear we are getting the LT4 engine with hyperdrive.

Why?

Reaction score
Members Ride
Harrop enhanced VF Redline Manual