Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My16

smee75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Commodore SSV Heron White
I'd say yes, probably didn't know any specifics about the series 2 but they would have known it was coming, if you've only placed a deposit and have a mid oct date see if you can get it changed to the series 2 possibly ?

I guess I'm trying to workout if I can get the new model but not having to pay the extra price as I wasn't informed of the expected change at time of placing the ordinary deposit :)

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
How does the deposit work, have you negotiated a price - is the agreement WRT that deposit that you'd be paying retail?
If you'd not negotiated a discount, you might be able to get convince them to sell you the new car at the old price; probably depends on whether they think they'll be selling them without trying &/or discounting. :)

smee75

Reaction score
Members Ride
How does the deposit work, have you negotiated a price - is the agreement WRT that deposit that you'd be paying retail?
If you'd not negotiated a discount, you might be able to get convince them to sell you the new car at the old price; probably depends on whether they think they'll be selling them without trying &/or discounting. :)

I don't think it will be possible. I think essentially the old contract is void as they weren't able to deliver the car agreed on. Am heading into the dealer tomorrow to get as much detail as I can on the new car. Will post what info I get

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
I don't think it will be possible. I think essentially the old contract is void as they weren't able to deliver the car agreed on. Am heading into the dealer tomorrow to get as much detail as I can on the new car. Will post what info I get

You'll likely find somewhere in the contract it states price subject to change, let us know what you find out from the dealer!

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
The car our VF replaced, the VS my uncle bought new, was bought under semi-similar circumstances. He ordered & paid the deposit on a VR-II Berlina, including the extra for the IRS & ABS & Airbag(*) ... when they found out his wouldn't be built 'til the VS's were released, and the VS Berlina came with one or more of those options standard, he actually paid the original VR-II price minus the extra they'd charged for the options which were now standard.

I'd be surprised if the contract didn't include a clause which says the price could change; but on the flipside, I'd be surprised if the contract didn't also allow the buyer to back out without penalty if the price changes. And these things can be open to negotiation anyway, as long as both sides agree.

(*) Note that which of these options were involved I'm not sure; Dad's VR Berlina didn't have any of them as standard, but one or two may have been standard by the end of VR-II.

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
Most contract's have a clause that state that the dealer is able to pass on any manufacturer's price rise up to a certain point, otherwise the deal is able to be cancelled.

We've known about MY16 for quite some time. We've been turning people away for weeks, because it's easier to not take an order than to take an order on a car, not be able to supply and then everyone is disappointed. There's very little in the way of MY15 V8's left to be built, because Holden wound the build back substantially in order to not get stuck with excess 6.0lt V8's when the 6.2lt is going to be a better car.

I would contact your dealer and ask them to provide you with a GMON of a vehicle, if they've actually got you a car. If they can't provide you with one, it's because they can't supply you with an MY15 and they've likely put your order on the list of MY16 orders, which will be the first to be built in mid-late October. Expect a decent price rise, but a much better car.

At this stage Holden is not providing dealers with price protection from MY15 to MY16.

smee75

Reaction score
Members Ride
Most contract's have a clause that state that the dealer is able to pass on any manufacturer's price rise up to a certain point, otherwise the deal is able to be cancelled.

We've known about MY16 for quite some time. We've been turning people away for weeks, because it's easier to not take an order than to take an order on a car, not be able to supply and then everyone is disappointed. There's very little in the way of MY15 V8's left to be built, because Holden wound the build back substantially in order to not get stuck with excess 6.0lt V8's when the 6.2lt is going to be a better car.

I would contact your dealer and ask them to provide you with a GMON of a vehicle, if they've actually got you a car. If they can't provide you with one, it's because they can't supply you with an MY15 and they've likely put your order on the list of MY16 orders, which will be the first to be built in mid-late October. Expect a decent price rise, but a much better car.

At this stage Holden is not providing dealers with price protection from MY15 to MY16.

Thanks, lots of useful information.
Am heading back into the dealer tomorrow to discuss the car, looks like I'll need to drop some of the extras I'd originally ordered to make the MY16 price increase more affordable in our budget.
Any new information given by the dealer tomorrow I'll post on here.

dazbug

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline

Any idea when Holden will announce the new series 2, surely must be within the next few weeks if launching in October ?

smee75

Reaction score
Members Ride
Spoke to the Sales Manager at the dealer, he couldn't give any details, did give some guesses though. He was guessing the 6.2L to only go in the redline and 6.0L in other SS. That's all he speculated......I hope he's wrong.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Umm yeah nah.