Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

Marco_VESS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF2 Redline M6
So 2 camera's have been set up down at the factory to take photos of customer's cars as they get built. The images are then uploaded onto a database for dealers to access and pass the photos of the car being built to the customer. I spoke to my dealer and he knows nothing about it, any other customers or dealers know about this?

The dealer locates the photos on the database by typing in the cars V.I.N.

That sounds cool! I hope that's for all cars not just the marketing editions. I'd been thinking of contacting Holden and suggesting that it would be good for them to do something special for every MY17 buyer, not just some.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
I read about the photo thing somewhere but I'm sure it was in reference to the limited editions. I thought I read that photos of the build were included in the special pack you get with your build number etc. It's great if they roll this out to all MY17 editions but I wouldn't hold my breath.

gla

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport Edition, VT 195i Calais
The SOAG looks sweet but I'm still undecided :confused:. Anyone have pictures of a Nitrate MY17 SSVR?[/QUOTE said:
Best I can do for a Nitrate Redline. Mine gets delivered in April so would also love to see some photos.

IMG_3056.PNG

VF2

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV-Redline
Ah yeah I've seen this, IMO it looks like a nice balance between being aggressive and pretty casual. Where as SOAG is straight aggressive.

gla

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport Edition, VT 195i Calais
Ah yeah I've seen this, IMO it looks like a nice balance between being aggressive and pretty casual. Where as SOAG is straight aggressive.

Put a black wing spoiler on it and you get some aggression back!

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
That sounds like it could be pretty cool, but is it possible to request to see other peoples cars and color? Or would it be only what V.I.N the dealer knows? So you couldn't ask your dealer to show you a LMF?

The SOAG looks sweet but I'm still undecided :confused:. Anyone have pictures of a Nitrate MY17 SSVR?
That sounds cool! I hope that's for all cars not just the marketing editions. I'd been thinking of contacting Holden and suggesting that it would be good for them to do something special for every MY17 buyer, not just some.

from my understanding it is for all MY17 builds not just the limited edition, but I will get my contact to double check this.

No you couldnt look at other peoples cars if you didnt have their VIN as each picture is allocated against a VIN. If your dealer was willing to show you another persons car that would be up to them.

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
from my understanding it is for all MY17 builds not just the limited edition, but I will get my contact to double check this.

No you couldnt look at other peoples cars if you didnt have their VIN as each picture is allocated against a VIN. If your dealer was willing to show you another persons car that would be up to them.
G'day super Coach, My understanding of the camera's was each of the special editions would have photo's taken of it during construction and at completion. These are then uploaded into the presentation box you will receive with your car (the one containing the keys). If you look at the Holden website you can see the top of the presentation box is actually a digital image viewer. Not sure why they would be setting camera's up now if they aren't meant to be starting to build them until Q3, maybe something else as suggested.

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
PS. Nice looking car 207 Line, does have an aggressive air about it in that colour. Sealing the paint with something like Anglepolish Glasscoat will make it a lot easier to keep clean being a dark colour, it'll make it super shiny too :)

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
Hey everybody, how long until people start receiving their orders? Our MY17Redline arrives late March, dying to see some pics of some newly acquired 17's when they turn up.... Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Lol
Apologies for the 80s reference

i was originally down for 21st Feb delivery, but they had already assigned a colour to that one! so now I'm some time in March! seeing pictures of people who have taken delivery is killing me :p