Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

mmrdb

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 series 3 Monaro & VF V8 Calais V Wagon
Great shots of the new colours. Especially that orange which really reminds me of the Monaro CV8Z fusion - my favourite all time colour.

Fen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Ute W310
I'm a big fan of dark silver / gunmetal, but I think Son of a Gun is too dark, and the mismatch between the plastic rear bumper and the metal rear quarter is horrendous on that car. I realise it is probably the angle and the light, but basically it means the angle of the metallic grain in the two panels doesn't match.

Strueth

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Monaro
Thanks SC for loading up the pics, and as Fen has mentioned the new grey is much darker than the old one and also without the green effect it used to have. Anyway, I still reckon they are great cars in any colour with top bang for buck, heaps of people have looked after me on here with advice and I've learnt quite a bit reading through the posts as your latest newbie.

Cheers to all

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
I just posted into another thread....I picked up my Redline today and the sales manager told me he believes that the ME Edition is getting big brakes (he mentioned GTS).
Could all be rumours though.

Marco_VESS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF2 Redline M6
IMHO I think that new orange is too gold and not orange enough. I'm going to struggle to pick a colour - looks like Slipstream will be it by default. (I'd like to avoid the white/silver/grey/black spectrum!)

Fen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Ute W310
Thanks SC for loading up the pics, and as Fen has mentioned the new grey is much darker than the old one and also without the green effect it used to have. Anyway, I still reckon they are great cars in any colour with top bang for buck, heaps of people have looked after me on here with advice and I've learnt quite a bit reading through the posts as your latest newbie.

Cheers to all

I'm now agonising this decision. I'm going to have to check out a Son of a Gun car in person. I have until sometime next week to change the colour of my order from the current black (chosen by the dealer). If the grey isn't too dark then I want it, but if it is too dark then I don't, and I see late model Holdens in greys that are fine and others that are too black. If as I've seen suggested on a Chevy SS forum) it's the 'Nightfall Gray' from the new Camaro then it's the right side of dark for me - just.

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon
I was in the same boat when I bought my MY16 - I would have loved a darker gray/silver but I didn't like the green tinge of Prussian Steel (looks more like a Calais colour to me).

I went with Silver in the end and I couldn't be happier. I feel like it works perfectly with the Chrome and Blackouts as it doesn't contrast too much

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
Spoke to a dealer principal, he is 99.9% sure there will be no MRC on special editions, it's going to be really interesting to see what actually is included to justify the extra $$$

Fen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Ute W310
I was in the same boat when I bought my MY16 - I would have loved a darker gray/silver but I didn't like the green tinge of Prussian Steel (looks more like a Calais colour to me).

I went with Silver in the end and I couldn't be happier. I feel like it works perfectly with the Chrome and Blackouts as it doesn't contrast too much

It's a Maloo I'm choosing for so it has blackouts, and lots of black plastic front and rear to contrast with. I completely agree on the green tinge of Prussian Steel not being my thing either. I'm hoping Son of a Gun is not too dark if I see a car that I know for sure is the right colour, but if it is then I'm on the fence between silver or red.

I actually would normally say I don't like either silver or red very much, but I don't like Slipstream on the Gen2 Maloo (though I like blue generally - my partner's Mustang is Deep Impact Blue and we chose that together). I'm not brave enough to drop Maloo coin on Spitfire (and it looks too similar to the "Superloans" wrapped VF Ute that runs around Welly in any case). The new orange looks OK, but I had a 2012 JCW Mini Roadster that colour, and a 2015 Wildtrak almost the same, and I think it's going to start dating sooner than later. White looks good on the sedan, but I think there's just too much Maloo behind the cabin with nothing to break up the colour to go with white.

I like the idea of black, but I know how hard it is to keep black clean enough to look good, and I have a mountain bike on top of the hard lid at least once a week making it dirty and dropping lots of grit that's just desperate to create micro scratches at the slightest touch, and black it just too delicate for that I think.

Fen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Ute W310
Spoke to a dealer principal, he is 99.9% sure there will be no MRC on special editions, it's going to be really interesting to see what actually is included to justify the extra $$$

So... I know it's HSV not Holden, but the dealer I'm getting mine from didn't say it was secret, that was another dealer. I'm deposit paid on a Feb build Maloo with 30th Anniversary badging. I don't know if the entire 2017 run will be the same or if it's a limited run for the start of the year. In addition each HSV dealer in NZ (I believe there are 7) is allowed to nominate one 30th Anniversary car to get an upgrade to GTS brakes and torque vectoring. That's my car for the dealer I'm buying through. I do not believe it will have MRC however.

As I say that's HSV, not Holden, but it could be a similar deal with the ME Redline. I don't yet know exactly how much my car will cost, but it's also got a spare wheel and an upgrade to the 20" forged HSV wheels adding to the price as well. The 2016 optional (Rapier?) ones are now standard, and the 2017 option is the same design but 1" wider.