Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
I'm a big fan of dark silver / gunmetal, but I think Son of a Gun is too dark, and the mismatch between the plastic rear bumper and the metal rear quarter is horrendous on that car. I realise it is probably the angle and the light, but basically it means the angle of the metallic grain in the two panels doesn't match.

I was a big fan of Prussian Steel and was set on ordering this colour, but have been left severely disappointed that it is being replaced by Son of a Gun.
I saw some Barinas and Trax in Son of a Gun at my dealer and agree that it is just too dark - may as well just get black.
I really don't know what colour to get now.

Stuey81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline & VE SS Wagon
I was a big fan of Prussian Steel and was set on ordering this colour, but have been left severely disappointed that it is being replaced by Son of a Gun.
I saw some Barinas and Trax in Son of a Gun at my dealer and agree that it is just too dark - may as well just get black.

black will be a nightmare to keep clean mate.

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual

have you asked a dealer if you can still order a Prussian steel one?

Phawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF11 SSV Redline
black will be a nightmare to keep clean mate.
Had 4 black vehicles, sucker for punishment, look great but a nightmare to keep clean. Silver is the best, Prussian Steel would be good too.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
have you asked a dealer if you can still order a Prussian steel one?

My dealer said they cannot take any my17 orders yet as they dont have info, but from what I have read, it is just about 100% confirmed that Prussian Steel is being phased out. Lets hope Im mistaken.

Strueth

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Monaro
Final colour is as correctly advised by another member as the same as that on a Trax son of a gun grey. There are a few SV6 Utes left in NSW I'm aware of though. Keep in mind you can walk into a dealer tomorrow and order a Prussian steel redline V8 and they will happily take your money with the order and tell you to come back next year, unless you are fortunate enough to deal with someone that either knows that isn't possible or hasn't the interest in confirming otherwise.

DirectorLs3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Senator
Im really keen on the limited edition Director. But with only around 200 cars being made, securing 1 of these would be near impossible, and probably already spoken for....hope im wrong.