Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

RedBadge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 & VF SSV Redline LMF
Now there's an idea, see if I can make this happen.
You're starting to scare me Martin. I'm more of an F Troop, Autocat type of middle-aged crisis ( wanting a sandman and a redline ) bloke.

Hey Super coach, if that's your redline in Carsales it looks awesome mate. They had one in a similar set up i.e. 20's, big spoiler, manual, black roof late 2016 at the dealership i was at yesterday. Should have got a price to compare for you just out of interest, although i understand yours is priced to sell.

RedBadge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi VL Executive and Red Badge,

I just spoke to a dealer yesterday and they stated that they could get an SS-V Redline Ute in either manual or auto. I think they are allocated to this dealer. Let me know if interested and I'll give you some more info. BTW, the dealer is in suburban Melbourne and I'm not too sure where you are, but if you want a MY17 SS-V Redline Ute and you don't want to miss out then I would try and get one from anywhere I can if I were you.
Hello VFII-17. VL Executive was after a black ssvr ute specifically as i understand it. I'm not after one, just had a good lead on where they could get one although delayed if ordering in that colour. We are both in QLD, i was just trying to assist as the dealer I'm going through is adamant they can still order a colour specific ssvr ute due to an additional allocation as i understand it because of sales. I don't think too many dealers are in this situation as time is running out.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
You're starting to scare me Martin. I'm more of an F Troop, Autocat type of middle-aged crisis ( wanting a sandman and a redline ) bloke.

Hey Super coach, if that's your redline in Carsales it looks awesome mate. They had one in a similar set up i.e. 20's, big spoiler, manual, black roof late 2016 at the dealership i was at yesterday. Should have got a price to compare for you just out of interest, although i understand yours is priced to sell.
If you are talking about the green one with the SS badge and side decal as the first pic, then that's mine.

RedBadge

Reaction score
Members Ride
If you are talking about the green one with the SS badge and side decal as the first pic, then that's mine.
Yep. Looks good mate. Must have been difficult not to run up the k's i'd imagine. I'm getting that side decal on mine as well but not on the bonnet or boot.

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Long story short, I got to go in a pre production MSE and didn't like a few things so I ordered a redline as it ticked all my boxes. In hindsight i should of got a MSE as the Heron MSE really stood out in the flesh and Employee pricing was pretty darn good.
G'day 3rspecB, If I remember correctly you thought the rear suspension was a bit harsh? I'm interested to know what sort of tweaks you've got lined up for your Redline.

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SS-V Redline Sedan LMF
Hello VFII-17. VL Executive was after a black ssvr ute specifically as i understand it. I'm not after one, just had a good lead on where they could get one although delayed if ordering in that colour. We are both in QLD, i was just trying to assist as the dealer I'm going through is adamant they can still order a colour specific ssvr ute due to an additional allocation as i understand it because of sales. I don't think too many dealers are in this situation as time is running out.

Thanks RedBadge,

I couldn't remember who was asking for one as I couldn't find the thread/link, so when I did find something tonight I replied. Anyway, one dealer in suburban Melbourne has about 3 allocated to them, with a choice of colour and manual or auto. If VL Executive wants to buy one from Melbourne then it's a 2-3hr flight (depending where in Qld you are) and a 2-3 day drive back in a new ute! Depending where in Qld you are located, of course..

I can't seem to post to VL Executive as I'm new to this forum.

LCFC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais, VF2 Redline
Got a email from a dealer letting me know they have MY17 redlines available

67K driveaway for manual.

WTF!!!! so glad I got my 16 build ss
That's crazy! I paid under 60K for the same car, a 2017 manual redline sedan in SOAG.
Signed the contract late Jan' with a choice of March, June or Sept' delivery.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
That's crazy! I paid under 60K for the same car, a 2017 manual redline sedan in SOAG.
they have a 16 build SSVR for $62 driveaway

Heres a bargain 2016 SSVR for 63K drive away, at least a auto.

http://www.ralphdsilvaholden.com.au...Commodore-SS_V_Redline-Preston-VIC/2927625553

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
That's about the same DA price as my auto MSE!
Some of these cars (inc HSV) will be in very short supply on the used market over the next year or two. They are reasonably common now as people are upgrading. But, as the new ones run out, demand for used will increase markedly.
Join the dots guys. Hold.

sales pitch

upload_2017-2-23_8-59-4.png