Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
"Meh. It's Just the LSA" LOL
Listen to the V8 drivers taking the moral high ground lately.;)
When a Camry driver has a crack about fuel consumption of our cars they're challenged and berated. Hypothetically speaking.
Now it seems a few are knocking the mighty GTS and Clubby LSA' s for liking a drink?
C'mon team.
If you use a car like this as a daily driver, clearly you're either that wealthy you don't care, or that stupid you don't care.
1.8 tonne
6.2L
Supercharged
Geared for performance
Of course they're thirsty. But who bloody cares?

Hey if somebody handed me the keys to a r8 tourer lsa (I'm a wagon man) then bloody oath I'd take it, but I (like others on here have said), prefer Holden to hsv and Ye wouldn't justify buying an lsa engined hsv. Unless I had too much money to know what to do with.

Last edited:

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
So this is not a W1? Are you saying not all W1s are sold out? Or are you saying not all GTS-Rs are sold out? I'm referring to the W1.

Nah mate, first thing I looked at in the engine bay was for the carbon fibre intake, and it didn't have it, then looked closer at the car and Ye both are just standard gts-r, still amazing to have 2 sitting in the showroom, but the unicorn w1 will be abit harder to find

VL Executive

VY SS Ute - Just got 1!
Reaction score
Members Ride
3 VL's, VK EFi, VX S, VY SS Ute, VF SSVR Ute
Well, Its one month to go from today before I get to see my Black beauty.
And 17 days till she's "conceived" and starts its journey down the production line. :D

SSteve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SSV Redline Manual Heron White
Well, Its one month to go from today before I get to see my Black beauty.
And 17 days till she's "conceived" and starts its journey down the production line. :D
I'm hearing you mate, my baby will be very close to yours!

Woodman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFSS Redline
Just to add to the excitement.......

I paid $63 000.00 drive away in Brisbane for:
VFSS Redline
A6 Auto
No freebees
nearly a full tank of petrol

I've had lots of V6 and V8 Commodores from new (mostly company cars) and second to fifth hand.
Drove a VK company hack from Glen Innes to Grafton and back in 1986 and thought it was the worst car ever made.
Had a VL.........then a new VN V6.......new VP V6...........new SS VT (5.0 litre)......VS, Vu SS utes....VE Calais (6.0 Litre).......

So I have a idea of the history and provenance of this VFSS.........and while I've always had a list of things I thought weren't right with Commodore (they roll too much, they choke the engines, crappy stereos, skinny wheels tyres etc etc) its as if Holden came to me and said:
"You tell us how you want your new SS Redline to be and we'll make it exactly like that and we'll add a few techy gizmo surprises to delight and enthrall you"

This car is that good.

There is no piston slap.
The brakes are smooth and very effective.
It does'nt rattle.
It does'nt whistle at speed.
The My Link system is intuitive and cooperates with my iPhone.
The Exhaust note (Bi-modal fuse pulled) is thrilling
The HVAC is responsive and works well
The windscreen is without any distortion.

The LS3 N/A engine is a delight and I finally have a Commodore that sits up like it should in a corner whilst squatting meaningfully on the outside tyre.

The team at Holden really deserve major kudos for coming up with a car this good for the price they sell at. I'm thrilled and delighted with this SS Redline and could'nt be happier.
New VFSS small.jpg

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
Hey nice one, definitely sounds like you are thrilled to bits, love the number plate

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY 17 SSV SOAG Redline
Hi all,

Well my car was supposed to go down the line last Thursday and be delivered to the dealer tomorrow...

Had a phone call on Wednesday from my dealer saying it had arrived early!!

It should be on a truck Tuesday morning to be sent to my door.

Here are a couple in pre delivery yard

IMG_5992.JPG IMG_5993.JPG IMG_5995.JPG IMG_5996.JPG IMG_5997.JPG

BLACK-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS, VE SS ute 360rwkws daily VE LPG
Hi all,

Well my car was supposed to go down the line last Thursday and be delivered to the dealer tomorrow...

Had a phone call on Wednesday from my dealer saying it had arrived early!!

It should be on a truck Tuesday morning to be sent to my door.

Here are a couple in pre delivery yard

View attachment 193001 View attachment 193002 View attachment 193003 View attachment 193004 View attachment 193005

Looks great, I hate the clear rear lights on VF2 but with SOG they actually look ok.

Enjoy the new toy.

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY 17 SSV SOAG Redline
Looks great, I hate the clear rear lights on VF2 but with SOG they actually look ok.

Enjoy the new toy.
Thanks Black-VE

Was hoping we would be in new house before she arrived, but she came early lol.

Just gotta get opticoat and tint arranged now. Target delivery is next Monday with her on the truck tomorrow morning from adelaide.

Getting excited... all a bit surreal. I don't think it will sink in until I hop in and push the button

With the house move coming up I am hoping that the stress from that won't dampen the joy of when it arrives.

There will be plenty of photos once she arrives.. just have to plan the break in process now... eager to get to that 1000-1200 k mark to here her at full song.

I listened to the link on here for the mustang v Redline with regards sound... no competition. Mustang was smashed lol.

So how many of you guys and gals have pulled the relay on the bi modal?

I like the idea but with early starts some mornings I think my new neighbors will quickly come to dislike me lol...

Hobbit

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SS-V Redline Sedan LMF
Nah mate, first thing I looked at in the engine bay was for the carbon fibre intake, and it didn't have it, then looked closer at the car and Ye both are just standard gts-r, still amazing to have 2 sitting in the showroom, but the unicorn w1 will be abit harder to find

Phew, lucky it wasn't a W1, otherwise I would have raced out to that dealer that I have no clue where it is, and splash out some cash and buy one on the spot, then drive it around Melbourne to show it off. Really, I don't think we will ever see a W1 anywhere. They will be locked up in a garage somewhere for no one to see. They will not even see a racetrack.

If I had a little bit of money to splash around, I would rather get a MY16/MY17 SS-V (doesn't have to be Redline) and add in a Walkinshaw 547kw pack or a Tekno 580kw pack, then show off in the streets (legally) and be able to race it around a racetrack. First I need money, space in the garage, and the Mrs approval. If I had lots of money, then the garage and Mrs setbacks would not be an issue :)