Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

mrjasonhong

Reaction score
Members Ride
SOAG MY17 VFII SS-V Redline Sportwagon
Had a chance to tint the windows, only darkest legal however i think it suits the colour of the car. Loving the new SSV however compared to my 2016 model, i feel that the 2017 model is more quiet, has anybody else noticed this?
SOAG, blacked out with legal tint and the HF20 is a mint combo. I have the same except wagon and with a black bonnet protector.

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
Had a chance to tint the windows, only darkest legal however i think it suits the colour of the car. Loving the new SSV however compared to my 2016 model, i feel that the 2017 model is more quiet, has anybody else noticed this?
Haha. Maybe you have the bimodal setting off? I can only compare to a VE SS and my Redline is exceptionally better insulated against road and mechanical noise (wheel arch linings, boot and bonnet linings etc) not to mention noticeable refinements in suspension and general body tightness.

V8Virgin

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF SSV Redline
V8 virginity.. right..

So your car delivery journey sounds complicated. Mine just came over the border from one state to another, and that was enough for me. A 5 1/2 month wait is long enough, but the last month is usually the longest. My wait was just over 4 months and that was long enough. Unfortunately, my new job took the shine off a little, but enough about me. About a week to go for you! I can't wait ;)
Yes,we have the issue of Australia being a small Island off the coast of New Zealand so a strip of water to negotiate rather than just over a border line !!
This does create delivery difficulties but I'm sure the wait will be worth it !!

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Lion Magazine said:
Check out Max picking up his brand new SSV Redline Sedan, from Glenn and Stephen at Callaghan Motors.

Max is 98 years old and has purchased 13 Holden’s from Callaghan over the last 26 years. As soon as the Spitfire green arrived, Max knew the car was meant for him, “That will be easier to find in the carpark”, he said.

Max is hoping to add our next-gen Commodore to his collection late next year, joining the first Australian built Commodore and every model in between.

green-commodore.jpg

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
She looks nice.. the car, not your mother-in-law.. I can't see her in the car. Hey, I was think of a similar shot up there with Puffing Billy. You beat me to it this great pic. Congrats, by the way. Welcome to the SS-V Redline Club.

Crackle 'n' pop = faulty -- love it! BTW, has anyone sat in the back of one of these things whilst in motion? And I don't mean while you are driving either - I'd thought I'd beat you to it. Anyway, you can feel the noise up through the back seat.
Yes mate, while my better half was driving, and she doesn't mind giving it a bit of pedal either, it's very comfortable, and sounds awesome.

lautray

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii SS
I picked up my Redline wagon back in late May. Never received any production line photos up to now. Who would I chase this up with? Before delivery, the dealer said they would come from Holden directly. Anybody else in this situation? Been nearly three months since delivery now.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
It's nice to see another Holden fan purchasing a car to keep for life.

This guy buys a new Holden every couple of years. He traded his VF seriesI Redline in for this SeriesII. He is local to where I live. Bloody champion I reckon.