Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mylink replaced

Mickcc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais 2016 Series 2
The 7" systems are good but the screens are noticeably smaller. I couldn't see that as an upgrade. thats why i went the Alpine Halo9.

I managed to fit the Navi one under the center console, below the gear stick , but i felt the system got too hot
Do you have any pics kleanphil would be happy to look how you set it up

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Do you have any pics kleanphil would be happy to look how you set it up
20230131_153317.jpg

EDIT: And i gained some practical storage by using the single DIN pocket

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
@Mickcc i combined that with one of these Wireless AA ,once i had the new usb setup , i connected it and then hid in the old HU cavity, I cant remeber if this unit has wireless CP but similar wireless dongles are available

Mickcc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais 2016 Series 2
@Mickcc i combined that with one of these Wireless AA ,once i had the new usb setup , i connected it and then hid in the old HU cavity, I cant remeber if this unit has wireless CP but similar wireless dongles are available
Does it retain all the Gm Settings ie reverse parking, temp out side heated seats etc on a Calais 2016
cheers for your reply

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Does it retain all the Gm Settings ie reverse parking, temp out side heated seats etc on a Calais 2016
cheers for your reply
All these settings are governed by the interface box ie. Aerpro or Maestro I-Data link and unfortunately i don't think there is anything available that will enable these settings . I managed to get an Alpine specific interface box and i don't even think it has these settings
EDIT: This is from the Aerpro website.
  • The following OEM features in the vehicle will not be retained:
    • 90 degree side (180 degree total) detection camera
    • Adaptive reverse camera lines
    • Auto detect front sensors
    • Heated seats
    • Sport functions for laps and timing
    • OEM Cross Traffic Alert feature
    • Ambient temperature

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
@Mickcc The only way to retain those settings is to use one of those addon boxes
EDIT: i'M unsure what the Aerpro unit means by Ambient Temp as i still have that on my HUD.

LyLy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 2 sv6 ute
All these settings are governed by the interface box ie. Aerpro or Maestro I-Data link and unfortunately i don't think there is anything available that will enable these settings . I managed to get an Alpine specific interface box and i don't even think it has these settings
    • Heated seats
    • Ambient temperature
I data maestro, retains the detection camera and auto front sensors and oem cross traffic alerts,
When you remove the mylink unit
You will not have the traverse or dynamic parking lines as that is in the unit
Jvc and kenwood have dynamic parking lines in the head units , pioneer has the standard grid lines you can turn on or off and also has a feature when driving you can see someone tailgating you, but an update from pioneer in the future will also have the dynamic parking lines

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
EDIT: i'M unsure what the Aerpro unit means by Ambient Temp as i still have that on my HUD.
I have the Aerpro interface. I think it means the temperature that shows on Mylink. I don't have a HUD and the only ambient temperature feature I have now is the snow flake in the DIC when its too cold on Victorian mornings.
    • Heated seats
    • Ambient temperature

Being an Evoke the only other feature my car has from this list is front sensors. I think it means how Mylink has a grid of what sensor is picking up an object and shows it both left to right and how far forward. My front sensors still work as they always have and the graphic still shows how far forward the obstacle is. It just cant tell if its the left or right sensors picking up the object.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
I data maestro, retains the detection camera and auto front sensors and oem cross traffic alerts,
When you remove the mylink unit
You will not have the traverse or dynamic parking lines as that is in the unit
Jvc and kenwood have dynamic parking lines in the head units , pioneer has the standard grid lines you can turn on or off and also has a feature when driving you can see someone tailgating you, but an update from pioneer in the future will also have the dynamic parking lines
I wanted to use the i-data but it only shows the JVC Pioneer and Kenwood systems as compatible but i have seen that some Alpine systems are but i'm unsure which ones

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
I've been doing some research and looking around for the different options for apple car play and i have come across this unit. Guy is selling it on ebay and Facebook for $599. Its wireless apple car play, has a Holden logo icon which i guess you touch on the apple car play which takes you back to mylink, but the best part of it is that when you start the car, it auto launches to apple car play, no need to press and hold home button to activate it. its 100% factory Bluetooth Audio including Siri, Navigation prompts and phone calls so no need to get the aux enabled.

has anyone actually bought one of these? Im keen/interested, but would like to hear from someone who has had it installed what they think of it

View attachment 262701 View attachment 262704
View attachment 262705
View attachment 262703
I had a bit of back and forth with the guy to understand more about how it worked.
I currently run the Import Road / Envyous Customs version and it also automatically connects wirelessly to my phone however the downside is the AUX programming.

Not having to do the AUX is a big win. However one thing these guys couldn’t answer was running this concurrently with the radio and how the system would behave if say, a phone call came in then what happens after if I had the radio running instead of Bluetooth audio. I was recommended to play Spotify or app radio instead!