Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mylink screen identification

Burt Gummer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Chevrolet SS M6
Greeting all,
I'm in the US doing a personalized version of a Holden conversion on my Chevrolet SS. It's not going to be 100% correct. Hope you approve. I love this car!!

I've been watching a lot of Australian Holden Commodore videos and I've seen this mylink screen in quite a few. I'm hoping to get more information on whether this is an Australian only feature or an app. I have had my gauge cluster and silver box flashed to the Holden version.

download.jpeg-2.jpg

Here is a link to the YouTube video I grabbed the screen shot from.
Here is how my SS sits currently.

Resized_20211204_134151.jpeg

Resized_20211127_103854.jpeg
Screenshot_20211127-130907_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20211127-131020_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20211127-130928_Gallery.jpg

Spyder tails, JT Carbon rear spoiler, Maverick man front splitter, Black Camaro wheels, and SS V series emblems, MGW shifter, are all on the way.

Last edited:

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
That is only on some HSV models. It has its own module and bits and pieces to gave additional features and info

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Was not available on commodores

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
From the envious customs website:

The programming needs to be performed at our location thus requires shipping the HSV EDI to us.
So the problem is that to avail ones self to envious customes reprogramming services, to get the HSV EDI features in their Holden commodore, one needs to supply the HSV EDI module itself :rolleyes:

Sadly these EDI modules are rarer than hen’s teeth and last I looked I couldn’t find any that weren’t asking silly money for them…

Then there is this gmauthority website that states envious customs supplies the EDI modules which seems not the case now…

@TazzI any clarification about current status of hardware availability?

Burt Gummer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Chevrolet SS M6
Yes, the HSV headunit silverbox is needed. Everything for the conversion is expensive. It all has to be shipped to the US from Australia. So when you say silly money I'm not dissuaded yet...

If that can be acquired it says on the envyouscustoms web site to inquire for non HSV vehicles.

In the US the SS is pretty rare, that being said, if you check the salvage yards these powerful V8s are more than most can handle and you can find them wrecked pretty regular unfortunately.

Since I am in the US I am hoping for help finding the elusive HSV silverbox headunit.
Links to salvage sites and any automotive ebay type sites that I should keep an look out on would be appreciated.

Wheels arrived. Heres a sneak peak
s-l400-6.jpg

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Yes, the HSV headunit silverbox is needed. Everything for the conversion is expensive. It all has to be shipped to the US from Australia. So when you say silly money I'm not dissuaded yet...

If that can be acquired it says on the envyouscustoms web site to inquire for non HSV vehicles.

In the US the SS is pretty rare, that being said, if you check the salvage yards these powerful V8s are more than most can handle and you can find them wrecked pretty regular unfortunately.

Since I am in the US I am hoping for help finding the elusive HSV silverbox headunit.
Links to salvage sites and any automotive ebay type sites that I should keep an look out on would be appreciated.

Wheels arrived. Heres a sneak peak
View attachment 230523
keep an eye here Holden Parts HSV Wreckers VE VF SSV SV6 Omega Gold Coast (salvageautosales.com.au)
and maybe here Gumtree: Australia's Free Marketplace or Facebook Marketplace: buy and sell items locally or shipped | Facebook

Last edited:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Look for a HSV "Motec Module".

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Sadly these EDI modules are rarer than hen’s teeth and last I looked I couldn’t find any that weren’t asking silly money for them…
I swooped on a '17 R8 as the wrecker got the car and did a deal for the radio box and EDI for $750 beautiful!. I pulled the radio box out to discover it didn't have EDI and was optional on the Gen F2 R8's, bummer.