Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

nankangs ...

astroham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking
hey i have always been under the impression that as nankangs are really cheap ... they are also really **** ... as i now have to fork out over 450 for kumhos ... i am considering nankangs ... any ideas on what these are like ... the guy at the shop seemed to think they weren't as bad as everyone made out ... any help?

wake jake

Reaction score
Members Ride
SIDI SV6 Ute
You can still get decent branded tyres for cheap. I picked up Hankook Ventus K104 Sports for $180ea fitted

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 2002 Executive v6. Ex Patrol Car
Nankangs! My rear tyres are Nankangs: heaps of grip! Tread is nice and deep, and they don't seem to wear out very fast! I'd say do it.. But thats just me! Sometimes TyrePower have specials on Dunlop; buy 4 gets 25% off... Which is pretty damn good.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
hey i have always been under the impression that as nankangs are really cheap ... they are also really **** ... as i now have to fork out over 450 for kumhos ... i am considering nankangs ... any ideas on what these are like ... the guy at the shop seemed to think they weren't as bad as everyone made out ... any help?

I had Nankangs a couple of years back. Yes they are cheap and that's the best I could say about them. Bought them once and am unlikely to buy them again.

Reaper

Frank2112

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Wagon, VE II SV6
I run Nankangs on my bug. 145's are crap. I have read good things about their performance tyres. Currently running Nexens on the VS and they are of similar price and quality I think. Been happy with them so far.

VR028

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
top of the range nakangs are pretty good for thier price. although if i were to buy a cheaper tyre i would most definately buy maxxis.