Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NARVA Blue Power headlights = terrible

Discussion in 'General' started by Denno, Apr 30, 2009.

1. mazzstein

mazzstein Yeahhh Karrnntt.

Members Ride:
    Nitrous 355 Stato
    took some pics but the dam resolution is too small lol.
    also my headlights are ajusted too low

pic 2 is phillips 4000k normal
    pic 3 is phillips 4000k high beams

Attached Files:

2. bj42turbo

bj42turbo New Member

Members Ride:
    1990 VN Executive
    On My old 4wd i bascially upgraded the wires to thick wires and installed relays so to get as little voltage loss at the bubs.

Dazz

3. BANKS

BANKS DW I'm a Spray Painter!

Members Ride:
    VZ SSZ Ute
    Same with bigger brakes and wider tyres I suppose ay? all wank factor...

I'd run search lights as lowbeams if i could, would spot that roo jumping out on the road b4 you...

These images speak for themselves. My car with the standard lowbeam holden bulbs, underneath that is when i replaced then with a 35watt 6000k HID kit

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. phillsau

phillsau New Member

Members Ride:
    05 vz sv6
    i got some Calibre - Extra Vision Blue globes from sca put them in my vz sv6 and found they give a really yellow light worse than standard globes they even looked horrible when driving i,ve drive with opti blue for for years and found they were really good .i managed to track down a pair at all kmart of all places and they are a1 ..atleast sca did the right thing and without hesitation gave me my money back even though they new i had to take them back out of my car as they had been fitted ... good customer service

5. wraith

wraith Hand over the dog bikkies

Members Ride:
    VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
    So much fail in this thread no offence to any one in particular. What your looking at is a whiter globe. Globes with blue in it should be kept with the ricers as they do not have the light distance for lack of a better term.

I have always used Phillips +80's since they come out. Wouldn't use anything else. Excellent vision. Even convinced the boss to put them in the work truck and he was extremely impressed as he didnt need to use the spotties as much. Also if the car never came with HID's factory they are illegal and a defect in any state unless extensive retrofitting is undertaken.

6. axemurderer101

axemurderer101 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VY SS
    in my opinion most narva stuff is rubbish especially their spotlights, at my work we mainly just sell and fit the Phillips +50 and +80 globes, and hella or lightforce spotties. gives me the shits when someone brings in a set of narva spotties with some wiring kit to go with it for us to install for them cause the wiring kits are just a pain to fit.

7. YMY-88U

YMY-88U New Member

Members Ride:
    Project VH SL/E
    hey guys regarding headlights/bulbs, ive been there and wasted the money on the rip off brands like narva and phillips, anyway way few years ago thought id try something different to give that icey blue tinge i wanted and i found these on ebay, the dont do all bulbs... like the one on my fog lights in my wh (h27?) but they look awesome and he also chucks in a set of white t10 wedge parkers too, they look **** hot and havent had one blow yet, they have been in our vz ss, vy ss, vy s, and ve gts for 2 years without a dilemma, honestly give em a go

id upload photos but its too much hassle

link might help

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Eclipse-White-Head-Lights-H4-ALL-Honda-Civic-Jazz-CRX_W0QQitemZ380201663637QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item5885c8fc95

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  8. marcdon

marcdon New Member

Members Ride:
    VZ Evec 05
    I got these two weeks ago, bought them from the UK for about $40 AUD got H1s and H4s, ABSOLUTELY amazing light output. best lights I'v ever used

9. wraith

wraith Hand over the dog bikkies

Members Ride:
    VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
    Oh yeah also don't believe those "gas filled bulbs" that supposedly are as good as HID's as all in all there still only halogen globes.

10. vp_commo

vp_commo Banned

Members Ride:
    VP Exe
    I bought some of those fancey
    bulbs and they cost about 20 dollars a peice, well **** me if they were not the shitiest ****ing headlight bulbs I ever got.
    I went to supercheap today and picked one up fro 5 dollars, it was 3 times as bright.

Rip off city, keep the standards in, less you some kind of crocadile dundee needing big lamps on th3 highway ect...ect

EDIT: Phillips are crap

Dan

11. axemurderer101

axemurderer101 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VY SS
    prob not a good idea using these unless you plan on upgrading your wiring, your car is designed for 55/60 watt h4 globes so if you put in those 90/100 watt globes you will eventually start having problems

12. VE Pete

VE Pete New Member

Members Ride:
    VE SS Sportwagon
    Narva Blue Power globes are great, just put a set in the VE SS Sportwagon and they are the bomb! There is a lot of expert talk out there and that's just what it is, definition of an expert - drips under pressure. Before you go madly buying blue light globes you need to understand the higher you go in the light spectrum ie blue it will appear whiter and brighter to look at but will not put more illumination on the road. You need to get lights that have the highest lumen rating. This will give you better illumination of the road in all weather conditions. The Narva plus 50's and blue powers are very good anything above that start to drop off as they go blue. Phillips plus 50's and plus 80's are also very good, remember high lumens is what you want. With regards to $100 for a set of globes not sure where you went but sounds a bit rich, I got mine for a lazy $47 from Repco. Yes they were on special, normal retail is $67 so I guess do your research, shop around. I reckon Narva Blue Powers are great!!!!!!

13. Ace_VP

Ace_VP New Member

Members Ride:
    VP S Pac
    I put a set of the artic blue in my 4wd when they were available, cost me $50, Im happy with them so far.