Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nastas's 1k bomb

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
Maaatttteeeeee

Another one from the Raptor clan, you will surely have some friends on here bud that can assist with further tips for mad power :D :D :D Being local of course you can have WORKS support too :thumbsup:

Car is looking excellent I must say, looking forward to updates on this beast

Nastas

Reaction score
Lol the funs of buying a car for 1k.... when i first bought it i knew the powersteering was stuffed. But i relised that the powersteering lines where loose and spraying fluid everywhere. Tightened them up and it seemed fine. However after only 2weeks of it being on the road the rack has already turned into a suive (sp). Ahhwell.

Gave her its first polish in probably 2years and after sitting in the sun and rain most of that time. Results were actually really decent, supprised me. Gonna buy some decent wax this week and hit it with that aswell. Will get some new photos up shortly

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
Bud

Unfortunately you don't have a unique steering rack happening there, Commodore racks were all sold with a complimentry leak that becomes apparent after about 80 000km :D

Exchange racks aren't a fortune anymore so its not so bad

Nastas

Reaction score
Best quote so far is $350 for an exchnage rack.... love local prices!!!

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Nice car mate. Great bargain too.

Nastas

Reaction score
Well i forked out for an exchange rack. Cept when i was removing the old one i thought u must get new tie rod ends with it so didnt put too much effort into looking after the old ones. Couple hits with a hammer and they come out easy enough. Go in to echnage the rack and find out it doesnt include the tie rod ends. Unfortunatly when hammering the old ones out i stuffed the threads. New rack and 2 new ends ended up costing $400. But its all in now and shouldnt worry me for a while so its all good.

Nastas

Reaction score
Couple pics as well.

Pic of how the roof shined up
roof.jpg

The whole car after a polish
polished.jpg

Smoothed stereo surround and headunit. The shifter surround turned out dodgy as it was my first attempt. I have also done the one for the manual which turned out a hella lot better.
stereo.jpg

Nastas

Reaction score
Well has some spare time today so went for a drive out to the wreckers picked up some door cards then to spotlight for some microsuede.

After a couple hours fiddling the end result is pretty decent...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
Very nice looking car mate, a lot of work been done. top notch

dbarnes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V M6 UTE
I remember seeing a VT like this...purple bodykit and gold badging and loved it... gotta say I like the look of this one too! Wish I could have found something like this for only a grand lol... good luck with it