Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

nastyness at the traffic lights.

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.2ltr car
look i dont mind the majority of motorcylists mr Ratattack but what gives them the right to just drive on by me and park thier ass in the front spot, especially when its a nice open road in front of me. Motorcyclest think they are so superior on the road and generally dont have much regard for other ppl, and its no wonder they get injured/killed on the road at a far greater rate than that of car drivers. If they take the front spot the least they can do is have a fast enough bike to go off into the distance, or they should just sit behind, be compliant, and if im going to slow for them just overtake in a regualtion manner. I wasnt sitting that close that if he come off id just be able to drive on by, just enough to get my point accross

Yeah it wound be fun running over a motorcyclist, what do you think i am some sort of maniac (ehhe no comments please), and why bring up references to hells angels etc. its just i guess when ppl are trying to push a losing arguments they go for the big guns.

Stretcher Bearer

A.R.N.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SOCOG Exec 9C1
DavidPartay said:
It's sad the amount of disrespect bike riders have to put up with. Nobody looks out for them, and 99% of the accidents they get into are because of idiots in cars who don't look where they're going. I say let them creep up the the front at the traffic lights - it'll save them from one bunch of unobservant soccer mums and blind pensioners. Let them cause their own accidents, and like Ratt said - you would probably do the same thing if you were on a bike. You see an opportunity, you take it. Just like overtaking that little old guy in his 120B doing 50 in the 80 zone.

Then perhaps you need to come to some of the crashes I attend mate. They aren't accidents. This is the sort of crap I was talking about. If a goup of the biking fraternity didn't bheave like ********s then people wouldn't get so riled up.

As for protecting the bikes, If I am supposed to drive expecting that another road user will do something stupid in front of me an look for potential road hazards then so should a motorcyclist. It's a shared road system and EVERYONE needs to show some tolerance, some foresight, and some nouse.

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.2ltr car
i like bikes, i like most bike riders, but when they behave totally selfishly, well then they should expect some retributiuon.

Stretcher Bearer

A.R.N.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SOCOG Exec 9C1
Heres' disrespect.

Chapel Street Melbourne. They painted a centre pedestrian area to spilt the road proerly into two lanes only and to protect the people on foot. It's also a 40km zone.

What to the bikers do. The ride down the centre lane, way above the speed limit and then thinks it's a safe area for monos. That is the act of a group of morons with no respect for others and is a regular occurance. Is it any wonder people have lost faith. What is sad is that this behaviour happens in many other places. Butthis must be the car drivers faultsof course....

R

rattattack1313

And you take it upon yourself to do this,hey?? Okay..........why don't you go and do some work , mate.....make your boss proud of you...for once..........you rarely post anything pertinent to cars..... there is lots of chat rooms about ............

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
There are so many disadvantages to being a motorcyclist rather than a car driver. Car drivers are relatively protected in their giant metal bubble.

A cyclist running up the front between the cars in one of the things that can mildly annoy but whenever somethink like that irks me I have to think hey... they have it pretty tough really so why take away one of the few advantages they have over car drivers?

My dad's a cyclist and most of his mates have died over the years due to people either not paying enough attention or not treating cyclists like the incredibly fragile creatures they are.

Just remember... in the battle between human flesh and a ton of steel the winner will always be the car.

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
be nice to bikers one of my mates carries old sparkplugs around to fix windscreens for people like you

R

rattattack1313

No law in the world says you can't lug a few nice new spark plugs in your top pocket.....................

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.2ltr car
rattattack1313 said:
And you take it upon yourself to do this,hey?? Okay..........why don't you go and do some work , mate.....make your boss proud of you...for once..........you rarely post anything pertinent to cars..... there is lots of chat rooms about ............

my boss is proud, but thank you for your advise, it is really appreciated :thumbsup: , ill take it on board :bang:
Im thinking though ppl in glass houses shouldnt really throw stones

but it still wont change my opinion, and given the same circomstances my actions would be identical :king: