Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

National ID Card

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
well... having "apparently" applied for: 9 mortgages, 3 car loans, 8 personal loans, 6 credit cards and 4 contract mobile phones as a result of identity theft, I'm against anything which carries all my info on one piece of plastic, evn a barcode or chip. Thankfully, the only debt I have is cash owing to friends/family, but due to having so many declines in my credit record with no way to clear it up, I can't get a loan for anything, not even for $500.
in this age of computer genius' it wouldn't take long until at least 1/2 of Australia has become a victim like myself.
so that's a big, fat NO from me

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
haha i say no, as a computer student i know how easy it is for people to get around stuff, give me 5 minutes with your computer and you can have a password 20 digits long, i can still get in within the 5 minutes.... people are taught these sort of stuff at school, so we can 100% garentee that there will be someone who will hack the system they hold the info on and obviously take it, or blow it up or send a virus etc etc... its not as hard as people make it seem, last year we where playing around with a teachers computer on the other side of the school, and our teacher was showing us how to do it.... so if school students can do that, then whats stopping a professional hacker from taking info?...... no matter how much we try and say how good it is, im against it because i know it will be like all identification/cards already present, it will be forged(spelling)..... so yeah :D:D:D

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
well said.

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
So what are peoples thoughts on a National ID card?

Personally, i think it should extend further and should be compuslory for all Australians to have, it should have card names DNA and fingerprint matches so crimes can be minimised and finalised much quicker.

I know there is some tree huggers out there who claim it is a violation of our rights...well so is being raped/murdered/assaulted and having **** stolen. With everyone on record people will not be able to get away with these sort of things as easy.

I say bring it on.

If it was a driver's license, bank card, credit card, photo I.D all in one etc etc, I'd be all for it. As for DNA and fingerprints, nobody needs to know my genetic make-up thank you very much.

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
blah blah blah...

Mate you're nuts, if you think yoru schools computer system is comparable to a national database stored in a secure environment you must be dreaming.

Using little programs like brutus etc (popular when i was a kid) last about a week before fixes are found, similar programs that allow control over a machine are mostly stopped now, i mean they all use the same loopholes to get through.

Look at our computer systems that are used for military purposes, do you see hackers breaking into that and stealing our (piss poor) military secrets?

If you want to secure something you can, id imagine this would be a primarily read only system to identify certain things about you. THIS is the exact same as what is going on currently.

Anyone who has a knowledge of databases can see it's just creating a view of other tables. This information is all stored somewhere already, this card just allows a simple query on the view. If a government agency currently wanted to get info from multiple tables they'd create their own query to multiple tables, why not just create a view that is permanently there?

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Hmmmm interesting this is, i don't really care to be perfectly honest.
If people want to steal your identity they'll do it anyway without the card in this day and age so what's the big deal?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
haha i say no, as a computer student i know how easy it is for people to get around stuff, give me 5 minutes with your computer and you can have a password 20 digits long, i can still get in within the 5 minutes.... people are taught these sort of stuff at school, so we can 100% garentee that there will be someone who will hack the system they hold the info on and obviously take it, or blow it up or send a virus etc etc... its not as hard as people make it seem, last year we where playing around with a teachers computer on the other side of the school, and our teacher was showing us how to do it.... so if school students can do that, then whats stopping a professional hacker from taking info?...... no matter how much we try and say how good it is, im against it because i know it will be like all identification/cards already present, it will be forged(spelling)..... so yeah :D:D:D

hahaha, god damn little school script kiddies.

I have an obsd box here, i will pay $50,000 if you can even get close to decrypting my passwords for just my gateway.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
hahaha, god damn little school script kiddies.

I have an obsd box here, i will pay $50,000 if you can even get close to decrypting my passwords for just my gateway.

Can i get a piece of that action?:yeah:

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
minux... Do i get anything for attmepting? :D

I'm lucky I can figure out how to plug the computer into the wall... Something tells me I wont be hacking into anything any time soon :p

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
minux... Do i get anything for attmepting? :D

I'm lucky I can figure out how to plug the computer into the wall... Something tells me I wont be hacking into anything any time soon :p

Yep, same here.