Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need Advice/Mechanics help

fluked

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman
Posting here aswell as the general thread section to see if maybe my problem is model related. Original thread link: http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/general/138451-need-mechanics-help.html#post1559101

sooooooo went to start up my WM Statesman the other morning (2006 model) when trying to start it it didnt even try to turn over. All you can hear is a high frequency noise (not very loud) that still continues to make the noise for about 10 seconds after i try to turn it over.
But yeah doesnt seem to be doing Anything. Battery seems fine all electricals work, Startup computer check reads no errors. Anyone have any ideas? I dont wanna pay 100-150 for a Tow for a mechanic to just clean a fuse
Any imput is appreciated. thanks

fluked

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman
also just to let people know i had my spark plugs replaced about a month ago, and also had my timing chains fixed.. dont know if either of those could be effecting my car :(

Cocopopz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS MY9.5, VL LS2
Does your engine turn over at all?

High freq noise might be because the starter can not physicly turn the engine over. ie, hydro locked, timing chain was not done corectly and is now jammed up.

You get that noise for 10sec due to the starter set up in these, you know how you can just flick the key and let go and it keeps cranking till it starts or for 10sec which ever come first.

fluked

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman
nah not turning over at all, ive seen problems with no power/starter motor before. doesnt seem like that. from what ive read so far im hoping it is just a dodgey fuse...

Cocopopz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS MY9.5, VL LS2
I would be pulling the plugs out and try turn it over by hand

whitey66

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Sedan
Before doing anything,check that battery terminals are tight and clean.Check battery voltage at battery with a multimeter while trying to crank the engine.
If it's OK,do the same test at the positive and negative points under the bonnet.
Are they both more than 12 volts when trying to crank the engine?
If you've got 12 volts or more at the battery and much less at the battery posts under the bonnet,it is most likely the positive battery lead connection at the firewall.
If both voltages are low,you either have a faulty battery or excessive current draw.
There are too many things that can cause excessive current draw to list here,and you will need a fair bit of know how to find the problem.
Has your car had all of it's campaigns and reworks performed by Holden?

fluked

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman
yeah all my Services have been done by Holden Mechanincs. Dont have anything to check my battery voltage at the moment but i will def look into that.