Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

need advice on buying 2010 VE SS V

LoopHole0011

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport HSV R8
So im in SA looking to buy from VIC a second hand VE SS V with (50,000km -120,000km) range, and i was thinking baout buying a done up one with a claimed 277RWKW with dyno sheets, and i want to know how reliable these cars are once done up, when buying second hand??

Im looking for someone whos fully into these cars and has bought and sold done up ones so they can tell me what to expect when buying a done up VE SS and what other things i should be aware of and make sure i check before i buy.

Also how can i make sure the car hasnt had previouse accident or somehting dodgy like engine change over or somehting?

Cheers

weemankai

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportswagon
Swear I replied to this this morning...
Anyway Google ppsr - government page that lets you look up if a cars been stolen/written off/taco messed with etc. $3.40 Worth the peace of mind.

As for whether it's going to be reliable. Check receipts of work done/dump sheets and also service histories. Look at the engine bay see if it looks neat and tidy or messy and DIY spec. Going to be hard to know - try judge the blokes character. Are they an enthusiasts or someone who flogs it? I believe RACV can come out and do a compression test for a fee which is guaranteed for a few months. Another option to think about maybe. Call the person selling the car and ask some questions. Explain you are coming interstate. If they seem suss then move onto the next one. There's always another one around the corner.